Nebraska Cancer Specialists is the regional leader in cancer diagnosis, treatment and research. With 5 locations, Nebraska Cancer Specialists is growing! We are seeking an Oncology RN to join our dedicated, inspiring and caring team of infusion nurses. Our nurses are responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, and administration of care. The hours for this position will be Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 1:30 pm.
- Accurately and safely prepares and administers hydration and supportive care medications
- Takes care of any patient needs promptly and willingly.
- Accurately and safely prepares and administers intravenous and oral chemotherapy; subcutaneous and intramuscular injections; and other medications as prescribed
- Accurately obtains patient assessment data and appropriately uses diagnostic findings to develop and implement nursing care with appropriate interventions; validates diagnosis and plan as needed with provider.
- Coordinates and delegates the plan of care to achieve desired outcomes; continually evaluates individual patient care.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patients and family members, anticipates needs, responds to requests, and assures safety and comfort.
- Performs nursing duties in an efficient, organized and safe manner.
- Responds appropriately to patient and other emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Works collaboratively with providers to deliver individualized patient education and provides printed educational materials to patients.
- Incorporates evidenced based interventions into clinical practice and ensures nursing care standards are best practices.
- Demonstrates self-development and maintains current knowledge in clinical management and health care topics pertinent to NCS's patient population.
1. Associates of Science in Nursing required, Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
2. Valid State of Nebraska/Compact State Registered Nursing License is required.
3. Two years’ experience in oncology nursing is preferred.