Are you seeking to make a positive impact on people's lives? If YES, this is the job for you!
Nebraska Cancer Specialists is the regional leader in cancer diagnosis, treatment and research. We are seeking a compassionate, caring, kind and capable Medical Billing Supervisor which will serve patients of Nebraska Cancer Specialists (NCS).
This position is responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day activities of a patient financial services office to include ensuring accurate and timely revenue cycle activities such as billing, payment posting, account follow up, resolution of patient complaints, staff development on new regulations, and new employee training.
- Ensures accurate and timely billing is occurring in accordance with specific payer requirements.
- Monitors billing queues and coordinates with other departments to obtain needed information.
- Oversees denials and appeals.
- Works with payers to ensure accurate reimbursement.
- Ensures excellent customer service and professionalism when interacting with staff, payers, patients and families to ensure all are treated with kindness and respect.
- Manages performance of assigned staff through regular communication and feedback. Coordinates training and development of all new staff.
- Remain updated on HIPAA, payer updates, and all other health information and regulations. Disseminates this information to staff and other departments as needed.
- Assists Patient Financial Services Director in monitoring Key Performance Indicators such as denial rates, denial reasons, coding/billing error rates, billing turnaround times, AR days, etc.
Other Job Expectations:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist in other departments or on other teams as needed.
- Puts patients’ needs first.
- Arrives to work on time and as scheduled.
- Recognizes and respects cultural diversity.
- Treats others professionally, respectfully and fairly.
- Uses effective written, listening and verbal communication.
- Takes initiative to help others.
- Holds themselves accountable and takes responsibility for their actions.
- Fosters trust, openness and teamwork.
- Committed to provide excellent care for the patients.
- Provides in the moment service recovery- listen, apologize, ask how to make it right, provide service recovery card.
- High School diploma or GED required, Associate degree or higher preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in a medical patient financial services office is required; oncology is preferred
- Prior management experience required
- Physician Coding certification preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft office and practice management systems
Nebraska Cancer Specialists offers GREAT benefits such as affordable health, health, and dental insurance, long-term disability, life insurance, 401K, flex spending, an Employee Assistance Program and a generous paid time off plan including holidays and birthday.
Our team embodies our core values: RESPECT, INTEGRITY, COMPASSION & HOPE, & EXCELLENCE.
NCS is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.