Job Title: LPN Weekend Program
Job Code: Lincoln
Sign-on Bonus: $6000 (shift differential up to $9 plus significant nursing pay incentives!)
I. DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for coordinating and providing quality care with a holistic approach to an assigned team of patients.
- Delivers direct patient care, administers prescribed medication and treatments within scope of practice.
- Contributes to the assessment of patient conditions and reports adverse changes or reactions to supervisor and other team members.
- Work will be performed in an ethical and legal manner following organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Understand and utilize individual job description and program and facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality care delivery.
- Coordinate, compile, compare and record patient care information to contribute to the establishment and evaluation of patient goals and plans of care including physician's orders.
- Compile, compare, report and record patient data, patient care, medications and treatments of cares rendered.
- Compute, compare, and record quantity of medications administrated and consult with Pharmacy to order or replace medications as needed.
- Compile billable supplies to ensure accuracy on patients account.
- Assist in identifying patient and family needs to inform them of patient's progress, and to provide emotional support.
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team to arrive at decisions for patient's plan of care.
- Interact with patient and family by explanation, demonstration and supervised practice to assist patient to be as independent as possible.
- Mentor, train, and monitor new employees to department/unit, environmental, and operational guidelines.
- Serve patient by assisting with transfers, wheeling in wheelchairs, ambulating and repositioning, ADL's, and feeding of patients. Renders cares such as dressing changes, vital signs, treatments and medications as prescribed.
- Speaking-signaling to patient and family by answering call lights, responding in a timely respectful manner to maintain a positive customer relation.
- Communicate (speak-signal) with supervisor, and other staff members regarding patient's condition, response to medications, concerns, patient goals to ensure quality service delivery.
- Follow instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and clinical services systems.
- Assist physician and assist with physician visits.
- Direct and assist patient care given by other health team members and students (unlicensed personnel).
- Will provide direction and monitoring of medication administration by Nurse Associate/Medication Aide. Will be responsible for observing and taking appropriate action regarding desired effects, side effects, intervention, and contraindication associated with the medication. (St. Jane De Chantal)
- Assumes responsibility for monitoring the results of PRN medication given by the Nurse Associate/Medication Aide. Provides verbal direction to the Medication Aide regarding observations to be made after administering a PRN medication. (St. Jane De Chantal)
- Monitors that Nurse Associate/Medication Aide is following written procedure when administering PRN medication. (St. Jane De Chantal)
- Setup, maintain and ensure a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
Medical devices used in work, include but not limited to:
stethoscope/sphygmomanometer ear irrigation device
transfer/repositioning devices ear oximeter
Oral/Tympanic thermometer cont. passive knee exerciser
feeding pump O2
Accu-Chek paging system
tub chair lift humidifier
Aqua K trauma tub
beds, wheelchairs, stretchers ventilator
digital wheelchair/standing scale Workstation on Wheels (WOW)
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Medium work with frequent lifting.
- Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull.
- Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces.
- Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces.
- Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces.
- Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour.
- Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels.
- Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages.
- Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care.
- Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients.
- Ordinary hearing and speaking skills.
- Routinely exposed to biohazardous materials.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
- Must possess current Nebraska LPN licensure.
- Requires current Module C CPR certification.
- Demonstrate ability to function in a variety of clinical settings.
- One year of clinical experience preferred.
Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.