Job Title: Nurse Aide
Job Location: Lincoln
Sign-on Bonus: $1500 + Great Pay (up to additional $5.30 shift differential plus significant nursing pay incentives)
- Responsible for understanding and implementing the patient care plan and to deliver quality care within the clinical services systems and according to Madonna's philosophy and mission.
- Responsible for reporting adverse patient condition changes to supervisor. Work will be performed in an ethical and legal manner following organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Understand and utilize individual job description, program and facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality care delivery.
- Compile and coordinate patient care information to meet program and patient goals.
- Compute, compare, and document patient care data to provide accurate information for the medical record.
- Properly charge patients for billable supplies to ensure accurate billing.
- Instruct and orient new staff to department, environment and operational guidelines.
- Communicate (speak-signal) with licensed nurse and other nursing staff members, regarding patient condition, changes, concerns, patient goals achieved to ensure quality service delivery.
- Serve/attend to the direct care needs of patients and families including transfers, ambulation, repositioning and transporting.
- Communicate to patient, family and co-workers in a respectful manner to maintain a positive customer oriented approach.
- Receive directions from a licensed nurse for patient plan of care in order to meet patient's goals.
- Follow instruction from licensed nurse to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and clinical services systems.
- Maintain and ensure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
Medical devices used in work, include but not limited to:
stethoscope/sphygmomanometer trauma tub
transfer/repositioning devices bed scale
Oral/Tympanic thermometer telephone
tub chair lift paging device
beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
digital wheelchair/standing scale
Workstation on Wheels (WOW)
- Stock and reorder supplies.
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment and environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Medium work with frequent lifting.
- Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull.
- Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces.
- Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces.
- Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces.
- Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour.
- Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels.
- Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages.
- Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care.
- Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients.
- Ordinary hearing and speaking skills.
- Routinely exposed to biohazardous materials.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
- Successful completion of the State approved nurse aide training program which includes the 75 hour classroom, written, and competency skill exams and meets current Nebraska registry requirements.
- Incumbent must be 18 years of age or older.
Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.