Job Title: Environmental Services Tech
Job Code: 880160
Immediate Supervisor: Support Services Manager
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for operating Environmental Services equipment to ensure clean, sanitary, odor-free environment. This may include extractors, scrubbers, power washer and vacuums (wet and dry). Responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of unattached buildings, offices, restrooms, utility rooms, nurses stations, report rooms, conference rooms, halls and lab areas. Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting of resident/patient rooms, restrooms, tub/shower rooms, linen closets, lounges and common areas. Responsible for environmental patient/resident needs. Work will be performed in a manner following organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures. Responsible for quality service positive customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Eligible for a Hiring Bonus!
- Starting pay-rate is up to $17.76hr!
- May be eligible for up to $5.00 more per hour for shift differential!
- Start earning paid time off (vacation/sick pay) on the first day of employment!
- Excellent and affordable health benefits for you and your family!
- 401k match!
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Operate commercial and small vacuums to clean all assigned carpeted areas and vacuum hall register vents to promote quality air flow.
- Operate commercial extractors, wet vacs, and buffers for floor care.
- Dust and clean fire doors, under lounge furniture, baseboards, wall and ceiling lights according to established guidelines.
- Dust and clean designated equipment, furniture, door and window surfaces.
- Dust and wash bed frames and mattresses according to established guidelines.
- Maintain and distribute supplies to designated areas to ensure adequate stock.
- Scrub and disinfect all designated restrooms, utility rooms, shower/tub, according to department guidelines.
- Push and pull EVS cart with daily supplies and equipment to each area to be cleaned.
- Remove refuse from all designated containers and replace with clean liners.
- Use housecleaning chemicals according to established guidelines.
- Handle linen to make beds daily.
- Clean, dust, disinfect and provide floor care service to assigned areas of Madonna properties.
- Follows instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and/or system.
- Train new staff to housecleaning and floor care tasks.
- Medium work - Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Walk, stand, and bend constantly.
- Outside work to clean unattached buildings/properties.
- Required to wear gloves while handling cleaning products and disinfecting.
- Handle liquid cleaning products frequently for disinfecting.
- Push and pull commercial wet vacs, burnishers, scrubbers and extractors to do floor cleaning.
- May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
- Ability to go up and down stairs and ladder.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Six month institutional cleaning and commercial floor care experience preferred. Basic math skills preferred. Basic reading skills required.Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position.