Job Title: Housekeeping Attendant
Job Location: Lincoln
Responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of offices, restrooms, utility rooms, kitchenettes, nurses stations, report rooms, conference rooms, halls and lab areas. Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting of resident/patient rooms, restrooms, tub/shower rooms, linen closets, lounges and common areas. Responsible for environmental patient/resident needs. Work will be performed in an ethical and legal manner following organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Operate commercial and small vacuums to clean all assigned carpeted areas and vacuum hall register vents to promote quality air flow.
- Dust and clean fire doors, under lounge furniture, baseboards, wall and ceiling lights according to established guidelines.
- Dust and clean designated equipment, furniture, door and window surfaces.
- Dust and wash bed frames and mattresses according to established guidelines.
- Maintain and distribute supplies to designated areas to ensure adequate stock.
- Handle wet and dry mops to clean and disinfect hard surface areas.
- Scrub and disinfect all designated restrooms, utility rooms, shower/tub, kitchenettes according to department guidelines.
- Push and pull handcart with daily supplies and equipment to each area to be cleaned.
- Remove refuse from all designated containers and replace with clean liners.
- Mix and dilute housecleaning chemicals according to established guidelines.
- Handle linen to make beds daily.
- Maintain and ensure a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Clean, dust and disinfect assigned areas of Madonna properties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Medium work - Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Walk and stand constantly.
- Stoops, crouch and reach frequently.
- Outside work to clean unattached buildings/properties.
- Push and pull handcart with supplies to areas to be cleaned. Requires up to 20 pounds to initiate, then 7-10 pounds to maintain.
- Receives information orally and/or visually for cleaning instructions and safety measures.
- Required to wear gloves while handling cleaning products and disinfecting.
- Handle and have contact with water and other liquid materials.
- Handle corrosive liquid cleaning products frequently for disinfecting.
- Occasionally push and pull commercial wet vacs and extractors to do floor cleaning.
- Handle household aerosol sprays for cleaning.
- Occasionally may be required to lift or pull floor-cleaning machines up and down stairs with assistance if needed.
- Routinely exposed to biohazardous materials.
- Continuous handling and grasping of cleaning and managing supplies and equipment.
- Ability to go up and down stairs and ladder.
- Mobility required to travel to Madonna properties.
Institutional cleaning experience preferred. Basic math skills preferred. Basic reading skills required. Must maintain positive communication in a fast paced environment under advers conditions. May be required to drive a motor vehicle if employed at the Lincoln campus. If required to drive, must have current valid Nebraska driverâ??s license, must submit a copy of current driverâ??s abstract reflecting a good driving record, and have the required mobility needed to drive.
MADONNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER