RN Clinical Liaison - Omaha, full-time
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: Clinical Liaison Job Code: 800084 Immediate Supervisor: Vice President Referral Relations Status:Exempt
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Serves as a liaison with referral facilities; analyzing, synthesizing and coordinating pre-admission assessments and admissions for the Acute Rehabilitation and Complex Medical Rehabilitation programs and Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital. Negotiates with, instructs and mentors referral sources and agencies regarding the benefits of, and types of rehabilitation programs. Instructs patients referred on what to expect in a rehabilitation program. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the Admissions Department and Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and the facility.
- Receives admission referrals and compiles necessary information for pre-admission screening.
- Coordinates and conducts hospital visits to complete pre-admission evaluations, including assessing patient's rehabilitation potential, interviewing patient and/or family to determine any special needs, and obtaining financial information.
- Analyzes and synthesizes pre-admissions evaluation information and admission criteria to determine appropriate program for admissions.
- Coordinates data with the Admissions office and Case Manager to facilitate admission. Completes or coordinates with Admissions for the completion of necessary admissions forms.
- Plan and implement in conjunction with other appropriate staff, marketing activities to promote program and service awareness and utilization.
- Must track referral source visits in Raisorâ??s Edge.
- Instruct and orient potential patients and their families to rehabilitation program goals, objectives and facility policies and procedures prior to admission.
- Instruct, mentor referral sources and via inservices, seminars, written articles, and personal visits regarding the usefulness of rehabilitation services in order to develop or expand understanding and utilization of program services.
- Serve as a liaison with the physicians, discharge planners, patient, family, acute hospital staff and rehabilitation unit staff regarding all aspects of admissions to Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals.
- Negotiate with staff, physicians, discharge planners and third party payors on a routine basis regarding day to day admissions issues, utilization issues, policies and procedures, goals and other activities to ensure open communication and quality service delivery.
- Communicate and negotiate with supervisor and other administrative and management staff regarding developments, concerns, goals, etc., to ensure high level of open communication and problem resolution.
- Take instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals of the facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Operate personal computer to access data and information for planning and processing admissions.
- Driving and operating a motor vehicle in order to make personal visits to potential patients and referral sources.
- Maintain and assure a safe environment for the Admissions department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
Light work - requires walking and standing to a significant degree.
Ordinary talking and hearing skills.
Adequate seeing to operate a motor vehicle, as well as to read written documents.
Primarily indoor work, with the exception of during travel.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Must possess current Nebraska R.N. licensure, current driver's license and good driving record; each issued by state of permanent address. If position performs work in a state that is not part of the Nurse Licensure Compact, a current RN licensure issued by that state is required. A minimum of three years applicable clinical experience required. CRN preferred. Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and have demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize responsibility.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
June 5, 2020
| Date Closes
June 20, 2020
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories