Linen/Laundry Evening Supervisor: 3:30pm-Midnight, Rotating Sat+Sun=40/wk
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Linen Service Evening Supervisor
Job Code: 880163
Location: Lincoln Campus
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Can!â?
The marvelous aspect of working at Madonna, regardless of licensure, is the ability to provide a lifetime of care with dedication, skill and compassion. We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
The Linen Service Supervisor is critical to a positive patient experience! This person is responsible for the leadership and supervision of quality and sanitary processing of linen and clothing to assure adequate supplies to all departments on a daily basis. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Lead and coach linen service employees as directed by manager to ensure accurate and timely service to all internal and external customers.
- Take instruction from manager to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Organizes work load daily with linen employees to give directions for laundry task.
- Supervise department's staff to ensure compliance with state regulations, facility and departmental operational definitions, as well as goals, objectives and safety procedures.
- Instruct and orient new staff to department guidelines, quality indicators, department goals, objectives, operational definitions and Madonna's mission and values to ensure quality service delivery.
- Assists with department scheduling, timecards, performance reviews, budget, employee selection, supervision, mentoring and discipline
- Represents Linen management when interacting with co-workers, communicating in a positive manner for constructive feedback to be given or received.
- Record quantity of linen processed with each machine load to supply data for productivity indicators.
- Coordinate, compile and analyze staff workloads to maximize efficiency of service delivery.
- Compile and analyze statistical data reflecting activity of department and assess efficiency of delivery services to internal and external customers.
- Process, sort and prepare clothing to be delivered to patient/resident rooms.
- Operate marking and sewing machines to mark and label individual resident/patient clothing items.
- Handle and sort soiled linen into designated containers to meet infection control guidelines.
- Coordinate and feed accurately weighed amounts of soiled linen into wash machines/dryers and remove at end of cycle according to department guidelines to insure adequate supply of linens for delivery carts.
- Operate and control proper temperatures and wash/drying cycles of wash machines/dryers to insure sanitary process of linen.
- Handle and fold linen according to department guidelines to maintain proper supply of linens for delivery carts.
- Handle, pull and push linen carts to designated areas to stock departments with adequate supply of linens.
- Maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Operate a computer to compile data for productivity reports and other departmental communications necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- Will carry Madonna cell phone on and off duty for response to service requests.
- Assist manager with monthly schedules to provide adequate staff for production.
- Operate Madonna vehicle to pick up and deliver linen supplies from off campus sites.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work - lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally. Walks and stands constantly as job requires. Pushes and pulls carts to designated delivery areas frequently. Occasionally stoops and crouches to handle soiled linen and containers. Occasional outdoor deliveries of linen to unconnected buildings. Constant noise levels of approximately 105 decibels. Required to wear gown, gloves and mask while handling soiled linen to meet infection control guidelines. Occasionally in contact with chemicals while changing supply containers on washers. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
High school graduate or equivalent required. High school graduate or equivalent required. One year supervisory experience preferred. Commercial linen experience desired. Must possess ability to communicate (Speak/Signal) with supervisor, patients, families and staff.
Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position with the agencies as required by Nebraska State regulations, in addition to any other agencies as determined by Madonna. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
WHY CHOOSE MADONNA?
For those that seek it out, this role is a springboard for your wellness career! For others, attaining a rewarding part time role provides the perfect balance and supplemental income for their family. Madonna offers a Competitive Salary and excellent benefit package to qualifying employees.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOW YOU CAN:
Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Learn new skills and advance your career! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
VIRTUAL TOUR: https://www.madonna.org/our-locations/lincoln-campus-virtual-tour
| Date Posted
March 26, 2020
| Date Closes
April 10, 2020
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories