Job Title: RN Staff - Cross Campus Job Code: 100092
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Can!â?
We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for using clinical data and various assessment tools to plan, coordinate, provide clinical care and evaluate results of interventions, using a holistic approach for optimal quality. Delivers direct patient care or appropriately delegates to other team members, and manages a group of patients as assigned across Lincoln and Omaha campus hospitals. Administers prescribed medications and treatments within scope of practice. Assesses and re-assesses patient condition and progress towards goals, reports changes to appropriate team members. Works within the clinical services system to deliver rehabilitative care according to Madonna's philosophy, mission and values and is responsible for establishing rapport and providing excellent customer service.
- Compile, compare, and record patient assessments, patient cares, medications and treatments for documentation of cares rendered.
- Coordinate, compile, analyze and record patient care information to establish and evaluate patientsâ?? progress towards goals and the nursing plan of care.
- Instruct patient and family by explanation, demonstration and supervised practice to assist patient to be as independent as possible.
- Directly provides, or appropriately delegates, cares, vital signs, treatments and medications as prescribed.
- Utilizes individual job descriptions, programs, policies and procedures to ensure quality care delivery.
- Administers medications as ordered, collaborates with Pharmacy to assure adequate supplies and documents patient response to medication regimen as appropriate.
- Submit billable supply charges to ensure accuracy on patient accounts.
- Applies current research and evidence to expand knowledge.
- Flexible to deliver direct patient care as assigned per facility needs across Lincoln and Omaha campus hospitals within a 24 hour notification period.
- Works a minimum of 36 hours in a 12 week scheduling period at opposite campus to maintain familiarity and competencies required to provide direct patient care across Lincoln and Omaha campus hospitals.
- Mentor patients and their families to inform them of patients progress and to provide them emotional support and education as necessary to build towards discharge.
- Instruct, train, and acclimate new employees to department policies and procedures.
- Interacts with physicians and discuss clinical issues for safe patient care.
- Discerns between significant and insignificant clinical changes in patient status and responds appropriately.
- Develops rapport with patients and their families by proactive rounding, answering call lights in a timely manner, and keeping white boards updated. Communicates regularly and succinctly with supervisor, physician (if necessary), and other team members regarding patients condition, response to medications, concerns, and patient goals to ensure quality service delivery.
- Provides supervision and delegation for LPN, unlicensed personnel, students and nurse residents.
- Engages with clinical leadership to provide a safe and therapeutic environment. Takes initiative to participate in unit-based and organization responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Setup, maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Maintain and operate all necessary medical equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury. Medical devices must be kept clean, accessible and in working order. These devices may include, but are not limited to:
IV infusion pump
beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
digital wheelchair scale and bed scale
vital sign monitors
patient lifts, portable and stationary
- Directs reordering and stocking of supplies and medications.
- Moving furniture and equipment within the 35 pound weight restriction for safe patient handling. Seeks appropriate assistance as necessary to prevent injury.
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to bio-hazardous materials. Mobility required for travel.
(Education/training and/or Experience)
Must possess current Nebraska R.N. licensure. Requires current Module C CPR certification. Demonstrate ability to provide leadership, two years clinical experience preferred. Must have current valid Nebraska driverâ??s license and must submit a copy of current drivers abstract reflecting a good driving record. Must provide own transportation.
Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position with the agencies as required by Nebraska State regulations, in addition to any other agencies as determined by Madonna. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOW YOU CAN: Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals
VIRTUAL TOUR: https://www.madonna.org/our-locations/virtual-tours