Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator (front desk assistant)
Job Code: 880246
Status: Non-exempt / Hourly
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Can!â?
We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
Provides assistance and support to the Human Resources System. Must be competent in knowing, understanding, and articulating Human Resources System policies and procedures. Supports all Human Resources employment, employee relations, recruitment, benefits, payroll, and all other Human Resources processes and activities as assigned. Assists with performance review updates, communicating licence renewals, and coordinates employee relations correspondence and discipline documents with managers/supervisors. May provide assistance with screening, and orientation of new personnel as assigned. Assists with receiving incoming telephone calls, greeting applicants and employees and assessing and assisting all customers with their needs or makes appropriate referral(s). Prepares reports and correspondence as well as maintains both automated and hard copy files. Provides support in Volunteer Resources and with volunteers as needed. Coordinates meetings, equipment, and room reservations as requested. Responsible for maintaining and updating supervisory and leadership materials and various documents for the system.. Assists with coordination of employee recognition activities and programs. Responsible for maintaining the reporting and record maintenance on updates to the Employee Handbook and other system and department policies and procedures as assigned. Takes minutes and establishes processes and electronic files for accurate recordkeeping and communications to all meeting attendees. A high level of organizational, flexibility, ability to handle technical equipment as well as handle demanding situations and multiple priorities and assignments required in a friendly and efficient manner. Excellent communications skills required. Must maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality of all records, employee information, data, and facility practices and procedures at all times within the Human Resources department and external to the Human Resources. Responsible for delivery of quality service including internal/external customer satisfaction by upholding Madonna's mission and core values.
- Receives and reviews disciplinary and performance review documentation for completeness. Produces facility discipline and termination correspondence for common occurrences using templates.
- Ensures compliance that all professional employee's current licensure/certifications are on file and available for audits by regulatory bodies. Generates monthly licensure report and verifies status of the licensure via the internet.
- ssist with coordination of various recognition awards, ceremonies or events, including Caring Kind, St. Jane de Chantal, Nicholas Liechti and Georgann Claussen award programs as needed.
- Assists in composing, editing, producing and/or distributing correspondence, memos, forms and/or reports to ensure accurate, timely communication as necessary, providing support to the Human Resources staff.
- Assists with employee file research, various employee relations reports, and responding to subpoenas and other record requests.
- Assists with transferring updated performance review forms to the intranet and maintaining performance documents when submitted and approved for updating upon request.
- Assists with obtaining all applicable background checks including Accurate Now Statewide criminal checks and Nebraska Adult and Child Abuse Registries.
- Responsible for updating job descriptions, maintaining current and historical records, and updating intranet job descriptions with changes as requested.
- Assists with verifying employment history of employees and former employees. Completes employee reference forms to ensure compliance with regulations, Madonna policy, and to serve the needs of Madonna employees.
- Serves as back-up to HR Coordinator.
- Generates and distributes monthly the employee service recognition report or may assist with this process if needed. Coordinates the distribution of service award packets and maintains and accurate listing of individuals receiving recognition with vendor. Works with employees in awarding their recognition gift.
- Responsible for coordinating Human Resources Volunteer Recognition activities (birthdays, Christmas, Volunteer Week) and coordinating volunteers for special projects in Human Resources.
- Composes, edits, and maintains documented departmental procedures to provide consistent performance of tasks and cross training of co-workers.
- Assists in creating, revising, implementing policies and procedures as requested and copying and posting Madonnaâ??s Employee Handbook to ensure employees are notified of all changes and updates timely.
- Assists with collection of all documents necessary to complete a new hire personnel file. Generates welcome confirmation letter for each new hire. Follows up with appropriate individual to ensure receipt of all items. Ensure employees provide appropriate documentation reflecting authorization to work in U.S. (I9 and E-Verify processes).
- Assists with taking pictures and producing name badges for employees.
- Assists with ordering and maintaining all Human Resources supplies as well as assists in maintaining adequate supply of facility and departmental forms to ensure efficiency.
- Assists with generating new employee orientation lists.
- Takes minutes at meetings as assigned. Organizes meetings, scheduling rooms, and organizes files and records to ensure efficiency and communications to meeting attendees prior to and following meetings.
- Assists with serving as liaison and communications for Human Resources and Volunteers with the public, employees and volunteers. Provides office coverage for Human Resources and the Volunteer office when needed.
- Assists all HR leadership and HR System with special projects as assigned.
- Assists managers and supervisors with discipline, performance review, and termination documentation.
- Communicates and works with others in order to ensure information is clearly and regularly conveyed and disseminated in a manner which facilitates positive internal and external customer service.
- Arranges and schedules various appointments and meetings for all staff to ensure efficient timely operations and adequate office coverage (including communicating with and scheduling volunteers as needed).
- Mentors and assists in the orientation and training of new Human Resources staff to provide support and knowledge of system policies and procedures.
- Interacts and communicates with customers, co-workers, residents/patients, volunteers, and other individuals in a respectful, courteous, friendly and compassionate manner, in accordance with Madonna's Mission and values.
- Follows instruction from supervisor, HR Leadership, and co-workers to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve Madonna and department goals.
- Adheres to confidentiality expectations within Human Resources and within the facility at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Indoor - Sedentary work - Occasionally lifts and carries 30 pounds when stocking supplies, and/or transporting reports. Some climbing and balancing to reach supplies stored on high shelves. Some stooping and crouching to do filing. Frequent reaching, handling, and filing of various papers. Requires sufficient sight to see and read reports and computer screen. Requires sufficient hearing and speaking to effectively communicate by telephone or in person. Seeing acuity, near and far continuously, with depth perception and accommodation. Mobility required for traveling to scheduled events or meetings as needed.
(Education/training and/or Experience)
High school equivalency with minimum of one year post-high school education required. Two years demonstrated related work experience with diverse duties and populations with high volume activity required, preferably in recruitment and on-boarding. Experience in a like size organization with high volume activity preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of employment laws required. PHR or equivalent certification preferred. Additional relevant work experience would be considered in lieu of formal post-high school education. Must have experience and working knowledge of computer software, preferably Microsoft Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, , Power Point, etc.), , office machines, and personnel/payroll systems . Must have excellent grammar, spelling, and organizational skills with abilities to problem solve. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail required. Must be able to work in fast paced demanding situations with great flexibility to handle multiple priorities without adverse reaction and be able to interact in a positive and friendly manner with staff and public, either in person or by telephone. Requires flexibility in schedule to work occasional evenings or weekends for special projects or events.
Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOW YOU CAN
: Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
VIRTUAL TOUR: https://www.madonna.org/our-locations/lincoln-campus-virtual-tour