Director of Nursing - Omaha Acute & Pediatrics Unit
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: Director of Nursing
Job Code: 800071
Status: Exempt / Full-time
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Can!â?
The marvelous aspect of nursing, regardless of licensure, is the ability to provide a lifetime of care with dedication, skill and compassion. We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
Responsible for providing leadership and direction for Acute Rehabilitation nursing, and for managing the Acute Rehabilitation and Pediatric hospital on a 24-hour a day 7-day per week basis. Responsible for orientation, supervision, and development of nursing staff on assigned areas including the development and implementation of rehabilitation nursing continuing education. Participates in professional organizations and in Madonna sponsored activities. Is active and supports research activities. Responsible for ensuring quality service delivery and internal and external customer relations including upholding the mission and values of the facility.
- Develops new programs and operationalizes the program innovations and change.
- Develops new nursing care delivery models based on changing patient acuity and needs.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to initiate new programs and care delivery models based on changing program needs.
- Coordinates operational change to meet new federal, state regulations or revisions in Joint Commission, CARF or Madonna standards.
- Coordinates medical record documentation changes to reflect current needs of the facility including rehabilitation nursing documentation that supports medical necessity for acute rehabilitation.
- Attends leadership classes and completes training classes as offered by the facility.
- Maintains patient care standards and hospital standards that reflect the latest nursing and rehabilitation research and Madonna policies.
- Designs and implements process improvements to meet productivity standards.
- Plans, develops and adheres to operational and capital budgets for the hospital.
- Revises job descriptions and job standards for the discipline of nursing.
- Coordinates hospital based student and volunteer experiences and activities.
- Meets deadlines for reports, performance reviews, program development activities, and projects as stated in policies or as directed by the supervisor.
- Writes reports using standard formats, develops and writes documents related to program activities, projects, hospital activities and other assigned activities.
- Verbally communicates operational and educational topics in a variety of settings to internal and external audiences.
- Identifies research activities, implements and analyzes research findings in association with the research review board. Presents research outcomes in both written and oral formats to internal and external rehabilitation professionals.
- Provides leadership in the development and continuous improvement of nursing systems in which plans related to the delivery of nursing services can be developed, modified, documented and evaluated.
- Provides leadership in the development and continuous improvement of nursing systems that support prioritization of activities within plans related to the delivery of nursing services and patient care.
- Advocates organizational processes that allow for creativity in the development of alternative plans for achieving desired, patient-centered, cost-effective outcomes.
- Provides direction to integrate quality and safety activities related to nursing service and patient care.
- Provides direction to integrate hospital staff education related to nursing service and patient care.
- Supervises and mentors all staff for performance, conduct, and attendance improvement.
- Routinely organizes and conducts staff meetings to ensure timely communication to staff on operational, educational and informative topics.
- Coordinates, reviews and conducts performance reviews to ensure that staff are appraised by the most knowledgeable direct supervisor, that the goals are measurable and individualized.
- Addresses staff problems by mentoring for improvement and by taking appropriate disciplinary action. Collaborates with the Human Resources Manager or Vice President of Human Resources before disciplinary action is taken for performance and conduct issues.
- Builds staffing patterns and grids according to established HPPD using projected and actual census levels, designs staff level mix, keeps position control for the hospital. Coordinates employee requisitions and change of status requests for hospital staff.
- Interviews and hires for key positions.
- Routinely meets with charge personnel and physicians to ensure open and timely communication.
- Designs and implements a hospital based rehabilitation nursing orientation and education plan according to Madonna professional expectations and competency requirements.
- Actively participates in nursing management education and professional development of staff, students and colleagues to elevate rehabilitation nursing knowledge and language used at all levels.
- Shares rehabilitation nursing knowledge and skills with staff, colleagues and others, and acts as a role model to ensure quality rehabilitation nursing practice.
- Creates a climate of effective communication, mutual respect and accountability.
- Participates and represents Madonna and/or the rehabilitation and nursing professions in activities. These could include rehabilitation week activities, nurseâ??s week activities, and managers meetings.
- Takes instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Must possess current Nebraska RN license. Bachelorâ??s in Health Science or BSN required. Three years experience in nursing management or clinical specialty required. Person must possess sufficient knowledge and skill in the area of nursing (as applies to particular hospital) to assess quality of service delivery, staff performance and needs of the department. Person must possess leadership and organizational skills to effectively achieve positive results and represent Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital in the community in a positive manner. CRRN required within three years. MSN preferred.
WHY CHOOSE MADONNA?
For those that seek it out, this role is a springboard for your wellness career! For others, attaining a rewarding part time role provides the perfect balance and supplemental income for their family. Madonna offers a Competitive Salary and excellent benefit package to qualifying employees. We have a Certified Daycare that is on the main campus (childcare coverage for the staff) available for children 6 weeks to 12 years old; and a separate play center at the Madonna ProActive fitness center for members to use as they enjoy the facility.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOW YOU CAN: Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
| Date Posted
November 10, 2019
| Date Closes
November 25, 2019
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories