COOK- Omaha (PT - Evenings) BONUS ELIGIBLE
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: Cook Job Code: 880136
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for safe, accurate and consistent preparation of food (approximately 250 patients and residents, 350+ employees, and 100 off-site meals at Lincoln campus or 110 patients and 250+ employees at Omaha campus). Work requires walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 pounds, and standing. Work requires alternate weekends and holidays. Area is frequently hot, humid, and slippery. Must be able to effectively communicate with his/her supervisor, coworkers and customers. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions, and adapt quantity of ingredients as needed. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Coordinates preparation of breakfast, lunch, and dinner food items in required amounts.
- Coordinates flow of work to meet documented meal schedules.
- Documents over and under production quantities on production sheets, inputs data into computer.
- Prepares food according to recipes and production sheets per department policy.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with coworkers and other facility departments to provide a unified approach to patient/resident/ customer care.
- Takes instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Organizes, cleans, and sanitizes equipment and work area according to established guidelines.
- Attends mandatory in-services according to established departmental guidelines.
- Maintains a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Communicates product needs and concerns to supervisor.
A. Attends non-mandatory inservices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Occasional lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Frequent lift and carry of 25 pounds. Constant walking with maximum duration of 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Requires frequent pushing and pulling generating up to 40 pounds force to move food carts on tile, carpet and other surfaces for maximum distance of 1500 feet. Frequent grasping of both hands requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required. Constant near visual acuity, ability to smell and taste, ordinary hearing and speaking skills required. Nearly 100% of work is inside. Frequently hot and humid. Exposure to chemicals, boiling water, steam and wet floors.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
High School equivalency preferred. Two years work experience in institutional food service setting required. Six months education and training in quantity food preparation and diet therapy desirable. Must have ability to produce standardized food products. Must possess ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Computer skills preferred. Current Managerâ??s Food Handler permit (Lincoln) and equivalent ServSafe Manager Certification (Lincoln and Omaha) required.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
August 18, 2019
| Date Closes
September 2, 2019
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category