Licensed Staff Psychologist - Omaha (FT Days)
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: Licensed Psychologist Job Code: 220045
Immediate Supervisor: Director Neuropsychology Status: Exempt
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Staff Psychologist responsibilities include performing outpatient neuropsychological evaluations as well as inpatient cognitive and psychological assessments. Other responsibilities include counseling and consultation with our interdisciplinary teams in ways consistent with patient and family goals and values, integrated with interventions of other disciplines, and reflective of contemporary standards of psychological science and professional practice. Full and appropriate participation in the development and achievement of organizational, programmatic, treatment team and departmental policies, procedures, goals and objectives. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for Madonna, including its mission and values. We serve persons with traumatic brain injury, stroke, and other neurological syndromes. We have practicum students training in our facilities through our relationships with the University of Nebraska and several other local colleges. Opportunities exist for the supervision of students and trainees.
- Analyzing and responding to psychological data to perceive behavioral and environmental stimuli with sufficient acuity and depth to allow analysis and response to such data in an applied psychological context.
- Accomplish timely, accurate and thorough evaluations of patients, communicating findings and recommendations which are responsive to the pertinent referral issue(s) and presented clearly and concisely.
- Modify therapeutic interventions to accommodate the age of the patient population.
- Mentoring patients and staff to assist them in their personal and professional development.
- Communicate efficiently with others in both individual and group contexts.
- Develop, communicate and deliver appropriate, timely and effective psychological interventions, in both individual and group formats.
- Collaborate effectively with others in interdisciplinary team interventions.
- Meet organizational and departmental responsibilities and standards in the areas of moral and ethical behavior, customer relationships, professional development and productivity.
- Must perceive customer relations as a primary focus, and continually strive to satisfy the needs of every customer in all areas of the work force.
- Practice appropriate stewardship in the use and maintenance of organizational and departmental resources.
- Takes instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Maintains and assures a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Operate audiovisual equipment, and automobile, and a computer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Occasional lift of 25 pounds, frequent lift and carry of 10 pounds. Frequent sitting and occasional walking. Frequent reaching with both arms at low and waist levels. Frequent grasping with both hands requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Occasional stooping, bending, and twisting. Constant near visual acuity. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. Indoor work, not exposed to outdoor elements.
The position requires rare physical intervention with agitated or aggressive patients, which could place the staff in an emergency situation and possible contact with blood or body fluids. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Experience in medical, health, or rehabilitation psychology is preferred. Also, experience and training in neuropsychological assessment is preferred. Must possess current Nebraska Psychology licensure or eligible to obtain licensure in Nebraska within 14 months of hire.
Doctoral Degree from an APA-accredited program, including an APA-approved clinical internship (or equivalent) preferred.
Expertise in health psychology, rehabilitation and/or gerontology and experience in psychological and/or neuropsychological assessment preferred.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
August 14, 2019
| Date Closes
August 29, 2019
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category