At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Can!â?
The marvelous aspect of nursing, regardless of licensure, is the ability to provide a lifetime of care with dedication, skill and compassion. We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
The Madonna Registered Nurses (RN) are critical to a positive patient experience! RNâ??s are responsible for understanding and implementing the patient care plan and to deliver quality care within the clinical services systems and according to Madonna's philosophy and mission. Responsible for using clinical data and various assessment tools to plan, coordinate, provide clinical care and evaluate results of interventions, using a holistic approach for optimal quality. Delivers direct patient care or appropriate delegates to other team members, and manages a group of patients as assigned. Administers prescribed medications and treatments within scope of practice. Assesses and re-assesses patient condition and progress towards goals, reports changes to appropriate team members. Works within the clinical services system to deliver rehabilitative care according to Madonna's philosophy, mission and values and is responsible for establishing rapport and providing excellent customer service. Employees holding nursing licensure will be held accountable to Nebraska nursing licensure requirements, and must maintain an active Nebraska License.
1. Mentor patients and their families to inform them of patients progress and to provide them emotional support and education as necessary to build towards discharge.
2. Instruct, train, and acclimate new employees to department policies and procedures.
3. Interact with physicians and discuss clinical issues for safe patient care.
4. Discerns between significant and insignificant clinical changes in patient status and responds appropriately.
5. Develops rapport with patients and their families by proactive rounding, answering call lights in a timely manner, and keeping white boards updated. Communicates regularly and succinctly with supervisor, physician (if necessary), and other team members regarding the patientâ??s condition, response to medications, concerns, and patient goals to ensure quality service delivery.
6. Provides supervision and delegation for LPN, unlicensed personnel students and nurse residents.
7. Engages with clinical leadership to provide a safe and therapeutic environment. Takes initiative to participate in unit-based and organization responsibilities.
8. Compile, compare, and record patient assessments, patient cares, medications and treatments for documentation of cares rendered.
9. Coordinate, compile, analyze and record patient care information to establish and evaluate patientsâ?? progress towards goals and the nursing plan of care.
10. Instruct patient and family by explanation, demonstration and supervised practice to assist patient to be as independent as possible.
11. Directly provides, or appropriately delegates, cares, vital signs, treatments and medications as prescribed.
12. Utilizes individual job descriptions, programs, policies and procedures to ensure quality care delivery.
13. Administers medications as ordered, collaborates with Pharmacy to assure adequate supplies and documents patient response to medication regimen as appropriate.
14. Submit billable supply charges to ensure accuracy on patientsâ?? accounts.
15. Applies current research and evidence to expand knowledge.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
Must possess current Nebraska RN licensure. Requires current Module C CPR certification. Demonstrate ability to provide leadership, two years clinical experience preferred. Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position with the agencies as required by Nebraska State regulations, in addition to any other agencies as determined by Madonna. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
MEDICAL DEVISES: Set up, maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury. Reordering and stocking of supplies and medications. Moving furniture and equipment. Ensures clean environment following protocols and procedures for environment and equipment.
Medical Devises used in work, include but not limited to:
â?¢ Feeding pump
â?¢ Aqua K
â?¢ Paging system
â?¢ IV infusion pump
â?¢ Beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
â?¢ Trauma tub
â?¢ Digital wheelchair scale and bed scale
â?¢ Hoyer lift
â?¢ Vital sign monitors
â?¢ Patient lifts, portable and stationary
â?¢ Bladder scanner
WHY CHOOSE MADONNA?
For those that seek it out, this role is a springboard for your wellness career! For others, attaining a rewarding part time role provides the perfect balance and supplemental income for their family. Madonna offers a Competitive Salary; 403b Retirement Plan; Tuition Assistance and varied scholarships to qualifying employees! We have a Certified Daycare that is on the main campus (childcare coverage for the staff) available for children 6 weeks to 12 years old; and a separate play center at the Madonna ProActive fitness center for members to use as they enjoy the facility.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
NOW YOU CAN: Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Learn new skills and advance your career! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
VIRTUAL TOUR: https://www.madonna.org/our-locations/omaha-campus-virtual-tour
|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
|Date Closes||May 29, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Department||Omaha-Madonna Main Campus|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories