RN - Hospital Support, 36 hrs/wk, Night Shift
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: RN Staff - Night Job Code: 100068
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for planning, coordinating, evaluating and providing quality care with a holistic approach to an assigned team of patients. Delivers direct patient care, administers prescribed medications and treatments within scope of practice. Assesses patient conditions and progress, reports adverse changes or reactions to appropriate team members. Works within the clinical services systems to deliver quality care according to Madonna's philosophy, mission and values and is responsible for the internal/external customer relations for patient care.
- Compile, compare, and record patients assessments, patients cares, medications and treatments for documentation of cares rendered.
- Coordinate, compile, analyze and record patient care information to establish and evaluate patients goals and plan of care.
- Understand and utilize individual job descriptions, and program and facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality care delivery.
- Compute, compare and record quantity of medications to be administered and communicates this information to Pharmacy to order or replace medications.
- Compile billable supply charges to ensure accuracy on patients accounts.
- Analyze and compiles current research to expand knowledge.
- Discern between significant and insignificant clinical changes in patient status.
- Mentor with patients and their families to inform them of patients progress and to provide them emotional support.
- Negotiate with interdisciplinary team to arrive at decisions for patients plan of care.
- Instruct patient and family by explanation, demonstration and supervised practice to assist patient to be as independent as possible.
- Instruct, train, and supervise new employees to department, environmental and operational policies and procedures.
- Serve patients by assisting with transfers, ambulating, and repositioning, and ADL's and feeding of patients. Renders cares such as dressing changes, vital signs, treatments and medications as prescribed.
- Assist physicians and assists with physician visits.
- Speaking-signaling to patients and their families by answering call lights - responding in a timely, respectful manner to maintain a positive customer relation.
- Communicate (speak-signal) with supervisor, physician (if necessary), and other nursing staff members regarding patients condition, response to medications, concerns, and patient goals to ensure quality service delivery.
- Supervise and help patient cares given by other health team members (LPN, unlicensed personnel) and students.
- Take instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and clinical services systems.
Medical devices used in work, include but not limited to:
- Setup, maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
digital wheelchair scale and bed scale
continuous passive knee exerciser
tub chair lift
IV infusion pump
ear irrigation device
- Ensures clean environment following protocols and procedures for environment and equipment.
- Reordering and stocking of supplies and medications.
- Moving furniture and equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Must possess current Nebraska R.N. licensure. Requires current Module C CPR certification. Demonstrate ability to provide leadership, two years clinical experience preferred.
Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position with the agencies as required by Nebraska State regulations, in addition to any other agencies as determined by Madonna. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
| Date Posted
February 17, 2019
| Date Closes
March 4, 2019
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories