Staffing Coordinator - Omaha 7a-3:30p (40 hrs)
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: Staffing Coordinator Job Code: 880201
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible and accountable for the production and coordination of the staffing process to provide nursing department staff assigned to patient care areas 24 hours per day, 7 days a week within established guidelines. Participates in the design and timely publishing of employee work schedules. Must be competent in knowing, understanding and articulating system policies and processes. Daily adjusts staffing as changes occur. Maintains knowledge of position control on area for all shifts and staff assigned. Assists in orienting the scheduling process to newly hired nursing department employees. Responsible for providing assistance as directed by the manager, which may include word processing, typing, filing, recording of meeting minutes, data entry, record keeping, organization and management of special project work. Assists other system areas upon request as needed. Responsible for using discretion and protecting confidentiality of employee and system information. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer satisfaction for Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital as a whole, while upholding Madonnaâ??s mission and values.
- Coordinates allocation of nursing staff according to approved hours per patient day (HPPD) by developing and analyzing master work schedules to provide nursing staff coverage to all patient care areas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and to provide staff with work schedules that negotiate and incorporate employee preference whenever possible.
- Documents all scheduling changes of staff on master work schedules.
- Documents absences of attendance and informs units and manager of all absences in order to maintain accurate records of worked hours to assist in monitoring attendance, payroll processing and for ease of areas to make timely patient assignments.
- Daily adjusts staffing coverage as changes occur in census, absences, and employee turnover to provide best resources management and ideal patient care as defined in established budgeted guidelines.
- Records information related to hours worked by supplemental agency nursing to maintain accurate record of expenses for monitoring.
- Coordinates and enters requests timely and meets deadline for planning next scheduling period to ensure accuracy of schedules.
- Plots employee schedules to meet designed patient coverage and employee work conditions as defined by nursing administration.
- Generates and distributes reports and schedules according to established timeline.
- Monitors and directs to manager records/reports of staff attendance for assistance in ensuring compliance with Madonna attendance standards.
- Collects, tracks, and compiles data for reporting needs and alerts manager of any noted trends in compiled data. Will work with manager to address any noted trends.
- Facilitates the processing of time cards for all nursing department staff by reconciling and validating hours worked.
- Compile manager files, data and other records necessary for work being carried out within the department/system and maintain such files in an up-to-date, accurate, and easily retrievable manner.
- Compose, edit, produce and/or distribute correspondence, memos, minutes, forms and/or reports in an accurate format and a timely manner.
- Attend meetings and record proceedings to transcribe and/or distribute in a comprehensive, concise and timely manner.
- Collaborates with nursing department employees to adjust their work schedules as census changes and as staff turnover occurs to either work additional shifts, alter hours/shifts or reduce work schedules.
- Rearranges nursing department employeesâ?? work schedules to accommodate special needs of employees, such as funeral leave, FMLA, or emergencies.
- Coordinates with agencies for supplemental staff to ensure adequate nursing coverage to all patient care areas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Instructs and orients new nursing employees on staffing operational definitions and work.
- Trains and monitors newly hired personnel to the Staffing department.
- Takes instruction from manager to perform other processes and tasks as assigned in order to achieve goals and make process improvements.
- Communicates with payroll specialist the work schedules of employees to assist in proper compensation.
- Serves as a contributing member of assigned nursing areas to address the needs/goals identified to ensure continuous staffing/scheduling improvement.
- Participates in focus groups as assigned by manager to gain feedback from nursing staff regarding issues related to staffing scheduling.
- Must perceive customer relations as a primary focus, and continually strive to satisfy the needs of every customer in all areas of the work force.
- Ensures effective and courteous communication with all personnel including employees, visitors, patient/residents, etc.
- Handles conflict resolution and concerns from customers or refers to the appropriate individuals as situation warrants to achieve timely resolution of concern.
- Handles and operates office equipment, including telephone, calculator, typewriter, personal computer, printer, fax and photocopier.
- Select and utilize software from available menu/program to complete work and assigned tasks, i.e., compiling reports, entering data, etc.
- Helps to maintain and ensure a safe environment. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Responsible for the retention of records for staff schedules.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Sedentary work with light lifting up to 20 pounds may be necessary. Works at desk most of day with occasional walking to various areas. Spends majority of time sitting and communicating by verbal, written and electronic means. Frequent near visual acuity to read, write, and type. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. Reaches in various directions to grasp and handle materials. Operates personal computer frequently. Indoor work, not exposed to outside elements.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
High School equivalency plus one year post high school education and one year of related work experience required. Additional relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal post high school education. LPN licensure preferred or additional relevant healthcare experience in lieu of LPN licensure. Knowledge of personal computers, word processing, web-based software and data based software (preferably Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and ActiveStaffer) and office machines required. Must be self-motivated and have excellent grammar, spelling, mathematical and organizational skills. Problem solving ability is necessary to work in demanding situations without adverse reaction and interact in a positive manner with staff and public in person or by phone.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
February 12, 2019
| Date Closes
February 27, 2019
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
- Health Informatics, Admissions, and Clerical »
- Pharmacy, Billing, Claims, Administrative, and Support Services »
- Pharmacy, Billing, Claims, Administrative, and Support Services »
Receptionists and Information Clerks