LPN - Ventilator Asst, 36hrs/wk, Night shift
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: LPN Staff Job Code: 101013
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Assumes responsibility and accountability for coordinating and providing quality care with a holistic approach to an assigned team of patients. Delivers direct patient care, administers prescribed medication and treatments within scope of practice. Contributes to the assessment of the patient condition and reports adverse changes or reactions to supervisor and other team members. Works within the clinical services systems to deliver quality care according to Madonnaâ??s philosophy, mission and values and is responsible for the internal and external customer relations for patient care. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Understand and utilize individual job description and program and facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality care delivery.
- Coordinate, compile, compare and record patient care information to contribute to the establishment and evaluation of patient goals and plans of care including physicianâ??s orders.
- Compile, compare, report and record patient data, patient care, medications and treatments of cares rendered.
- Compute, compare, and record quantity of medications administered and consult with Pharmacy to order or replace medications as needed.
- Compile billable supplies to ensure accuracy on patients account.
- Assist in identifying patient and family needs to inform them of patientâ??s progress, and to provide emotional support.
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team to arrive at decisions for patientâ??s plan of care.
- Interact with patient and family by explanation, demonstration and supervised practice to assist patient to be as independent as possible.
- Mentor, train, and monitor new employees as to department, environmental, and operational guidelines.
- Serve patient by assisting with transfers, wheeling in wheelchairs, ambulating and repositioning, ADLâ??s and feeding of patients. Renders cares such as dressing changes, vital signs, treatments and medications as prescribed.
- Speaking-signaling to patient and family by answering call lights, responding in a timely respectful manner to maintain a positive customer relation.
- Communicate (speak-signal) with supervisor and other staff members regarding patientâ??s condition, response to medications, concerns, patient goals to ensure quality service delivery.
- Take instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and clinical services systems.
- Assist physician and assist with physician visits.
- Direct and assist patient care given by other health team members and students (unlicensed personnel).
- Set up, maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
Medical devices used in work include, but not limited to:
ear irrigation device
cont. passive knee exerciser
Tub chair lift
Beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
Digital wheelchair/Standing scale
Workstation on Wheels (WOW)
- Reordering and stocking of supplies and medications.
- Moving furniture and equipment.
- Ensures clean environment following protocols and procedures for environment and equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Must possess current Nebraska LPN licensure. Requires CPR for Health Care Provider/CPR for Professional Rescuer. Demonstrate ability to function in a variety of clinical settings. One year of clinical experience preferred.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
January 16, 2019
| Date Closes
January 31, 2019
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category