Cook: On Call-PRN, Day Shift, Omaha
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: Cook
Job Code: 880136
Status: PRN On-Call
Location: Omaha Campus
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Can!â?
The marvelous aspect of working at Madonna, regardless of licensure, is the ability to provide a lifetime of care with dedication, skill and compassion. We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
The Cooks are critical to a positive patient experience! Responsible for safe, accurate and consistent preparation of food (approximately 250 patients and residents, 350+ employees, and 100 off-site meals at Lincoln campus or 110 patients and 250+ employees at Omaha campus). Work requires walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 pounds, and standing. Work requires alternate weekends and holidays. Area is frequently hot, humid, and slippery. Must be able to effectively communicate with his/her supervisor, coworkers and customers. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions, and adapt quantity of ingredients as needed. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Coordinates preparation of breakfast, lunch, and dinner food items in required amounts.
- Coordinates flow of work to meet documented meal schedules.
- Documents over and under production quantities on production sheets, inputs data into computer.
- Prepares food according to recipes and production sheets per department policy.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with coworkers and other facility departments to provide a unified approach to patient/resident/ customer care.
- Takes instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Organizes, cleans, and sanitizes equipment and work area according to established guidelines.
- Attends mandatory in-services according to established departmental guidelines.
- Maintains a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Communicates product needs and concerns to supervisor.
- Attends non-mandatory in-services.
- Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Occasional lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Frequent lift and carry of 25 pounds. Constant walking with maximum duration of 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Requires frequent pushing and pulling generating up to 40 pounds force to move food carts on tile, carpet and other surfaces for maximum distance of 1500 feet. Frequent grasping of both hands requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required. Constant near visual acuity, ability to smell and taste, ordinary hearing and speaking skills required. Nearly 100% of work is inside. Frequently hot and humid. Exposure to chemicals, boiling water, steam and wet floors.
High School equivalency preferred. Two years work experience in institutional food service setting required. Six months education and training in quantity food preparation and diet therapy desirable. Must have ability to produce standardized food products. Must possess ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Computer skills preferred. Current Managerâ??s Food Handler permit (Lincoln) and equivalent ServSafe Manager Certification (Lincoln and Omaha) required. ServSafe training provided by Madonna. Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position with the agencies as required by Nebraska State regulations, in addition to any other agencies as determined by Madonna. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
WHY CHOOSE MADONNA?
For those that seek it out, this role is a springboard for your wellness career! For others, attaining a rewarding part time role provides the perfect balance and supplemental income for their family. Madonna offers a Competitive Salary; 403b Retirement Plan; Tuition Assistance and varied scholarships to qualifying employees! We have a Certified Daycare that is on the main campus (childcare coverage for the staff) available for children 6 weeks to 12 years old; and a separate play center at the Madonna ProActive fitness center for members to use as they enjoy the facility.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
NOW YOU CAN:
Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Learn new skills and advance your career! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
VIRTUAL TOUR: https://www.madonna.org/our-locations/omaha-campus-virtual-tour
TO VIEW ALL SHIFT OPTIONS & APPLY: Madonna.org/Careers
| Date Posted
January 16, 2019
| Date Closes
January 31, 2019
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category