Housekeeping Attendant: 6:30am-3pm, Rotating Sat+Sun,+3 various days = 36/wk
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Housekeeping Attendant
Job Code: 880158
Location: Lincoln Campus
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Can!â?
The marvelous aspect of working at Madonna, regardless of licensure, is the ability to provide a lifetime of care with dedication, skill and compassion. We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
The Madonna Housekeeping Attendants are critical to a positive patient experience! The Housekeeping Attendants are responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of offices, restrooms, utility rooms, kitchenettes, nurses stations, report rooms, conference rooms, halls and lab areas. Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting of resident/patient rooms, restrooms, tub/shower rooms, linen closets, lounges and common areas. Responsible for environmental patient/resident needs. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Scrub and disinfect all designated restrooms, utility rooms, shower/tub, kitchenettes according to department guidelines.
- Handle wet and dry mops to clean and disinfect hard surface areas.
- Operate commercial and small vacuums to clean all assigned carpeted areas and vacuum hall register vents to promote quality air flow.
- Dust and clean fire doors, under lounge furniture, baseboards, wall and ceiling lights according to established guidelines.
- Dust and clean designated equipment, furniture, door and window surfaces.
- Dust and wash bed frames and mattresses according to established guidelines.
- Maintain and distribute supplies to designated areas to ensure adequate stock.
- Push and pull handcart with daily supplies and equipment to each area to be cleaned.
- Remove refuse from all designated containers and replace with clean liners.
- Mix and dilute housecleaning chemicals according to established guidelines.
- Handle linen to make beds daily.
- Maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Clean, dust and disinfect assigned areas of Madonna properties.
- Takes instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and/or system.
- Train new staff to housecleaning tasks.
- Record daily work completed on checklist for supervisor.
- Maintain and ensure a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work - Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. Walk and stand constantly. Stoops, crouch and reach frequently.
Outside work to clean unattached buildings/properties. Push and pull handcart with supplies to areas to be cleaned. Requires up to 20 pounds to initiate, then 7-10 pounds to maintain. Receives information orally and/or visually for cleaning instructions and safety measures. Required to wear gloves while handling cleaning products and disinfecting.
Handle and have contact with water and other liquid materials. Handle corrosive liquid cleaning products frequently for disinfecting. Occasionally push and pull commercial wet vacs and extractors to do floor cleaning. Handle household aerosol sprays for cleaning. Occasionally may be required to lift or pull floor-cleaning machines up and down stairs with assistance if needed. Routinely exposed to biohazardous materials. Continuous handling and grasping of cleaning and managing supplies and equipment. Ability to go up and down stairs and ladder. Mobility required to travel to Madonna properties.
Institutional cleaning experience preferred. Basic math skills preferred. Basic reading skills required. Must maintain positive communication in a fast paced environment under adverse conditions. May be required to drive a motor vehicle. If required to drive, must have a current valid Nebraska driverâ??s license, must submit a copy of current driverâ??s abstract reflecting a good driving record, and have the required mobility needed to drive. Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position with the agencies as required by Nebraska State regulations, in addition to any other agencies as determined by Madonna. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
WHY CHOOSE MADONNA?
For those that seek it out, this role is a springboard for your wellness career! For others, attaining a rewarding part time role provides the perfect balance and supplemental income for their family. Madonna offers a Competitive Salary; 403b Retirement Plan; Tuition Assistance and varied scholarships to qualifying employees! We have a Certified Daycare that is on the main campus (childcare coverage for the staff) available for children 6 weeks to 12 years old; and a separate play center at the Madonna ProActive fitness center for members to use as they enjoy the facility.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
NOW YOU CAN:
Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Learn new skills and advance your career! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
VIRTUAL TOUR: https://www.madonna.org/our-locations/lincoln-campus-virtual-tour
| Date Posted
January 9, 2019
| Date Closes
January 24, 2019
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category