Human Resources Coordinator - 40 hrs/wk, Monday - Friday
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Human Resources/Volunteer Resources Coordinator Job Code:880246
Immediate Supervisor: Employee Relations & HR Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Provides assistance and support to Human Resources System. Must be competent in knowing, understanding, and articulating Human Resources System policies and procedures. Supports all Human Resources employment, recruitment, benefits, payroll, and all other Human Resources processes and activities as assigned. May provide assistance with interviewing, screening, placement, and orientation of new personnel as assigned. Assists with receiving incoming calls, greeting applicants and employees and assessing and assisting customers with their needs or makes appropriate referral(s). Prepares reports and correspondence as well as maintains both automated and hard copy files. Provides support in Volunteer Resources and with volunteers as needed. Coordinates meetings, equipment, and room reservations as requested. Responsible for maintaining and updating supervisory and leadership materials and various documents for Human Resources. Assists with coordination of employee recognition activities and programs. Responsible for maintaining the reporting and record maintenance on updates to the Employee Handbook and other system and department policies and procedures as assigned. Takes minutes and establishes processes and electronic files for accurate recordkeeping and communications to all meeting attendees. A high level of organizational, flexibility, ability to handle technical equipment as well as handle demanding situations and multiple priorities and assignments required. Excellent communications skills required. Must maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality of all records, employee information, data, and facility practices and procedures at all times within the Human Resources department and external to the Human Resources. Responsible for delivery of quality service including internal/external customer satisfaction by upholding Madonna's mission and core values.
- Receives and screens applications as needed in order to assist in the recruitment of qualified applicants. Provides clerical assistance in processing applications, including scheduling interviews, and verification of employment (written and/or verbal), or other duties as requested.
- Ensures compliance that all professional employee's current licensure/certifications are on file and available for audits by regulatory bodies. Generates monthly licensure report and verifies status of the licensure via the internet.
- Assists with coordination of various recognition awards, ceremonies or events, including Caring Kind, St. Jane de Chantal, Nicholas Liechti and Georgann Claussen award programs.
- Assists in composing, editing, producing and/or distributing correspondence, memos, forms and/or reports to ensure accurate, timely communication as necessary, providing support to the Human Resources staff.
- May assist with job postings and job board and internet postings.
- Assists with transferring updated performance reviews to the intranet and maintaining performance documents when submitted and approved for updating upon request.
- Assists with obtaining all applicable background checks including AccurateNow Statewide criminal checks and Nebraska Adult and Child Abuse Registries.
- Responsible for updating job descriptions, maintaining current and historical records, and updating intranet job descriptions with changes as requested.
- Responsible for coordinating off-site storage and/or disposal of applications as required.
- Assists with verifying employment history of employees and former employees. Completes employee reference forms to ensure compliance with regulations, Madonna policy, and to serve the needs of Madonna employees.
- Serves as back-up to HR Coordinator as needed.
- Generates and distributes monthly the employee service recognition report or may assist with this process if needed. Coordinates the distribution of service award packets and maintains and accurate listing of individuals receiving recognition with vendor. Works with employees in awarding their recognition gift.
- Responsible for coordinating Human Resources Volunteer Recognition activities (birthdays, Christmas, Volunteer Week) and coordinating volunteers for special projects in Human Resources.
- Composes, edits and maintains written documented departmental procedures to provide consistent performance of tasks and cross training of co-workers.
- Assists in creating, revising, implementing policies and procedures as requested and copying and posting Madonnaâ??s Employee Handbook to ensure employees are notified of all changes and updates timely.
- Assists with collection of all documents necessary to complete a new hire personnel file. Generates welcome confirmation letter for each new hire. Follows up with appropriate individual to ensure receipt of all items. Ensure employees provide appropriate documentation reflecting authorization to work in U.S. (I9 and E-Verify processes).
- Assists with taking pictures and producing name badges for employees.
- Assists with ordering and maintaining all Human Resources supplies as well as assists in maintaining adequate supply of facility and departmental forms to ensure efficiency.
- Assists with generating and distributing new employee orientation lists.
- Takes minutes at meetings as assigned. Organizes meetings, scheduling rooms, and organizes files and records to ensure efficiency and communications to meeting attendees prior to and following meetings.
Assists with serving as liaison and communications for Human Resources and Volunteers with the public, employees and volunteers. Provides office coverage for Human Resources and the Volunteer office when needed.
- Assists supervisor and other leadership with special projects as assigned.
- Assists Recruiters in the coordination, screening, and scheduling and selection of interviews to prevent delays in the selection process.
- Communicates and works with others in order to ensure information is clearly and regularly conveyed and disseminated in a manner which facilitates positive internal and external customer service.
- Arranges and schedules various appointments and meetings for all staff to ensure efficient timely operations and adequate office coverage (including communicating with and scheduling volunteers as needed).
- Mentors and assists in the orientation and training of new Human Resources staff to provide support and knowledge of system policies and procedures.
- Interacts and communicates with customers, co-workers, residents/patients, volunteers, and other individuals in a respectful, courteous, friendly and compassionate manner, in accordance with Madonna's Mission and values.
- Follows instruction from supervisor and co-workers to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve Madonna and department goals.
- Adheres to confidentiality expectations within Human Resources and within the facility at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Operates personal computer, multi software programs and printers to access, compile and produce data for correspondence and reports.
- Operates telephone to access multi incoming calls as well as placing outgoing calls to provide prompt, courteous service.
- Operates copier, printer and fax equipment to reproduce or send information efficiently.
- Operates badge system camera, software, and equipment and enters data to ensure timely and accurate employee name badges.
- Creates, designs, generates and distributes reports, internal and external mail, and various forms to ensure accurate processing.
- Assists with opening mail throughout the day and routes mail to appropriate personnel and/or other departments in a timely fashion; therefore, enabling the smooth flow of information and allowing for the ability to respond promptly to our customers.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe environment according to facility and department expectations. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and to prevent injury to self or others.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations by reviewing and updating labor law posters for all Madonna sites.
- Coordinates offsite storage, retrieval and destruction of documents.
Indoor - Sedentary work - Occasionally lifts and carries 30 pounds when stocking supplies, and/or transporting reports. Some climbing and balancing to reach computer books and supplies stored on high shelves. Some stooping and crouching to do filing. Frequent reaching, handling, and filing of various papers. Requires sufficient sight to see and read reports and computer screen. Requires sufficient hearing and speaking to effectively communicate by telephone or in person. Seeing acuity, near and far continuously, with depth perception and accommodation. Mobility required in order to travel to scheduled events or meetings as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
High school equivalency with minimum of one year post-high school education required. Two years relevant Human Resources work experience required, preferably in recruitment and on-boarding. Experience in a like size organization with high volume activity preferred. Knowledge of employment laws required. PHR or equivalent certification preferred. Additional relevant work experience would be considered in lieu of formal post-high school education. Must have experience and working knowledge of computer software, preferably Microsoft Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, , Power Point, etc.), , office machines, and personnel/payroll systems . Must have excellent grammar, spelling, and organizational skills with abilities to problem solve. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail required. Must be able to work in fast paced demanding situations with great flexibility to handle multiple priorities without adverse reaction and be able to interact in a positive and friendly manner with staff and public, either in person or by telephone. Requires flexibility in schedule to work occasional evenings or weekends for special projects or events.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
December 4, 2018
| Date Closes
December 19, 2018
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
- Health Informatics, Admissions, and Clerical »
- Pharmacy, Billing, Claims, Administrative, and Support Services »
- Pharmacy, Billing, Claims, Administrative, and Support Services »
Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Human Resources »
Human Resources Specialists
- Human Resources »
Human Resources Consultants
- Human Resources »
Human Resources Clerks