Organist / Pianist - On-call as needed
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Organist Pianist Mass Job Code: 880226
Immediate Supervisor: Pastoral Care Manager Status: Non-exempt
I. DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsibilities include playing organ and piano for Sunday morning mass. Work collaboratively and cooperatively with Department Manager and Priest Chaplain to ensure liturgical appropriateness of music selections and to ensure the liturgy is conducted in a reverent, dignified and liturgically correct manner. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including the mission and values of the department and facility.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Select appropriate hymns following the liturgical cycle and subject to requests of Department Manager or Priest Chaplain.
- Post and remove hymn numbers from 2 hymn boards in Chapel.
- Provide appropriate prelude and postlude music as well as provide accompaniment for hymns and service music on organ and/or piano.
- Play for special feast days during the year and for occasional ecumenical services upon request of the Department Manager.
- Assist patients/residents as needed.
- Attends all mandatory education inservices to meet departmental and organizational guidelines.
- Models accountability to the Core Values of Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital and incorporates the core Values into his/her decision making and work.
- Takes instruction/guidance from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Maintains and assures a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Sitting at organ.
- Indoor work.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
- Ability to read/play music.
- Ability to play chapel pipe organ and piano proficiently and to accompany singing.
- Knowledge of Catholic Mass.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Advanced education in music, piano, organ preferred.
- Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
November 29, 2018
| Date Closes
December 14, 2018
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category