Gift Officer - Lincoln
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Gift Officer Job Code: 880308
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Development Status:Exempt
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for identifying and securing local, regional and national major and planned gifts and grants in support of Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitalsâ?? philanthropic needs. Requires prospect identification, cultivation, stewardship, solicitation, collaboration and coordination with Foundation and Hospital staff. Develops and refines strategies and proposals to secure major asset and income commitments in collaboration with and support of other gift officers. Maintains working knowledge of current planned gift instruments and develops materials and strategies that support planned gift fundraising. Participates in organization planning and development. Assists the Vice President of Development and the Director of Development in other activities to attain Foundation goals. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the Madonna Foundation and Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals as a whole, including upholding the mission and values of the department and facility.
- Plans and coordinates the identification and development of individual major gift donors as well as grant-making prospects.
- Manages the identification and development of corporate prospects.
- Executes strategies and plans for fundraising programs based on Foundationâ??s goals and objectives, including allocation of resources and coordinating with other development officers. Manages a portfolio of individual, corporate and grant-making prospects at the local, regional and national level, including identification, direct solicitation and grant application, including traveling as needed to make personal calls.
- Assists in the planning, development and implementation of donor recognition functions of the Madonna Foundation.
- Engages in professional development activities to stay abreast of current developments in the fundraising profession.
- Exemplifies the mission of Madonna Foundation and the Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals in the facility and externally in the community.
- Actively participates in the operation of the Foundation within budget guidelines, focus on cost benefit considerations.
- Identifies, cultivates and maintains strong relationships with potential corporate and individual donors, grateful patients and with personnel of grant-making sources.
- Coordinates fundraising activities with other development officers.
- Cultivate and upgrade young and mid-level donor relationships that lead to major gift donations.
- Serves as the Madonna Foundation contact for third-party events including fun runs, golf events and holiday giving programs.
- Communicates regularly with the Director of Development and other Foundation staff on donor prospects and plans.
- Assists Foundation staff and the hospitalsâ?? marketing personnel in the planning and implementation of major fundraising events, donor recognition functions and other public relations activities.
- Assists the Director of Development as needed in the planning, development and accomplishment of Foundation goals and objectives.
- Follows instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals of the Madonna Foundation.
- Perceives customer relations as a primary focus and continually strives to satisfy the needs of customers of the Madonna Foundation and Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals.
- Operates personal computer to access development data, performs word processing and spreadsheet functions and performs other tasks of fundraising. Able to operate Power Point, Word, Excel and Raiserâ??s Edge programs.
- Helps maintain and assure a safe work environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Ability to operate telephone, fax and copiers.
- Provides and operates motor vehicle and travels as necessary in order to contact and serve clients.
- Assists with ensuring cleanliness of equipment and environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Sedentary work â?? when transporting and setting up display and presentation materials, occasionally lifting and/or carrying up to 30 pounds.
Indoor work with occasional exposure to outside when doing fundraising functions.
Mobility required to travel to scheduled fundraising activities and meetings as needed.
Ordinary talking and hearing to communicate with donor prospects by telephone or in person on a frequent basis. Seeing acuity near and far continuously with depth perception.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Bachelor's degree required. Four years work experience in fundraising is required and must have demonstrated performance and track record securing major and planned gift commitments, either as successful gift officer or community board member.
Equivalent and applicable business, marketing and sales experience may be considered in lieu of the fundraising experience.
Must have demonstrated the ability to provide leadership, motivate people and work creatively and collaboratively with all internal and external audiences. Proven excellent communication skills required - both written and verbal. Must be a self-starter with strong project management skills to produce high-quality products under pressure and tight deadlines. Must have demonstrated problem-solving and analytical ability. Must have valid driverâ??s license and provide a safe driving record. Experience working with financial planning professionals is preferred. Experience with fundraising database software is preferred.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
November 29, 2018
| Date Closes
December 14, 2018
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category