Linen Assistant II: 7am-3pm,Rotating Sat+Sun,+various 3 days=40/wk
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Linen Services Assistant II
Job Code: 880164
Location: Lincoln Campus
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Can!â?
The marvelous aspect of working at Madonna, regardless of licensure, is the ability to provide a lifetime of care with dedication, skill and compassion. We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
The Linen Service Assistants are critical to a positive patient experience! Responsible for quality and sanitary processing of linen and clothing to assure adequate supplies to all departments on a daily basis. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Handle and sort soiled linen into designated containers to meet infection control guidelines.
- Coordinate and feed accurately weighed amounts of soiled linen into wash machines and remove at end of cycle according to department guidelines to insure adequate supply of linens for all customers.
- Operate and control proper temperatures and wash cycles of wash machines to insure sanitary process of linen.
- Operate and control proper temperature settings and drying cycles of dryers.
- Handle and fold linen according to department guidelines/productivity indicators to maintain proper supply of linens for all customers.
- Handle, pull and push linen carts to designated areas to stock departments with adequate supply of linens.
- Maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Record quantity of linen for offsite customers on designated log for financial indicators.
- Record quantity of linen processed with each machine load to supply data for productivity indicators.
- Take instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Take customer requests to fill the needs of the patients.
- Handle mop, broom and cleaning items to keep linen areas and equipment clean and sanitized.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work - lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally. Walks and stands constantly as job requires. Pushes and pulls carts to designated delivery areas frequently. Occasionally stoops and crouches to handle soiled linen and containers. Occasional outdoor deliveries of linen to unconnected buildings. Constant noise levels of approximately 105 decibels. Required to wear gown, gloves and mask while handling soiled linen to meet infection control guidelines. Occasionally in contact with chemicals while changing supply containers on washers. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
High school graduate or equivalent required. Commercial linen experience desired. Must posses ability to communicate (Speak/Signal) with supervisor, patients, families and staff. Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position with the agencies as required by Nebraska State regulations, in addition to any other agencies as determined by Madonna. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
WHY CHOOSE MADONNA?
For those that seek it out, this role is a springboard for your wellness career! For others, attaining a rewarding part time role provides the perfect balance and supplemental income for their family. Madonna offers a Competitive Salary; 403b Retirement Plan; Tuition Assistance and varied scholarships to qualifying employees! We have a Certified Daycare that is on the main campus (childcare coverage for the staff) available for children 6 weeks to 12 years old; and a separate play center at the Madonna ProActive fitness center for members to use as they enjoy the facility.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: All qualified appliants will receive consideraton for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identy, sexual orientation, national origion, protected veteran status, or disability status.
NOW YOU CAN:
Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Learn new skills and advance your career! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
VIRTUAL TOUR: https://www.madonna.org/our-locations/lincoln-campus-virtual-tour
| Date Posted
November 29, 2018
| Date Closes
December 14, 2018
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category