Education Instructor Customer Liaison-20hrs/wk, day & evening shifts
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Education Instructor Customer Liaison Job Code: 800037
Immediate Supervisor: Director Workforce Development and Experience System
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Lead responsibilities for follow up with discharged patients/clients, and responding to any patient comments, assisting in program evaluation as it relates to patient follow-up concerns, assisting the Nursing Education Coordinator in providing educational programs for Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital employees. Major responsibilities involve discharge follow-up data collection, communicating concerns to appropriate personnel, conducting training courses related to nursing needs, and presenting ongoing educational activities such as CPR, ACLS, competency assessment, patient experience tactics (AIDET, Bedside Shift Report, Hourly Rounding) and orientation to Madonna. Flexibility in work hours and conditions to work with staff on all shifts. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Analyzes patient/employee feedback to continually make improvements in training.
- Analyses of satisfaction responses and forwards to appropriate staff members.
- Coordination of CPR/ACLS materials and classes, and providing guidance for registration and scheduling.
- Collects education quality assurance data, analyzes data, implements improvement plans as assigned by workforce development and experience system leadership.
- Serves as a contributing member of assigned committees and within the education department to address needs/goals identified to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, education coordinator, program directors, supervisors, and other departments as required to disseminate necessary information accurately.
- Instructs and supervises students and staff in educational situations to ensure accurate learning and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Serves as a mentor and role model to employees in the spirit of Madonna's core values by demonstrating a high level of clinical expertise and problem solving abilities.
- Takes instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Communicates effectively with patients and employees regarding concerns from surveys or validation observations.
- Sets up and operates classroom equipment (camera, TV, VCR's, DVD player, computer) for use in presenting education offerings.
- Operates copy machine, telephone, and equipment used in training programs/in-services efficiently and safely.
- Maintains and assures a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Operates personnel computer and portable devices for data management of discharged patients' responses to follow up surveys.
- Operates necessary software for tracking of patient responses.
- Assists with ensuring cleanliness of equipment and environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Sedentary work with occasional heavy work required when setting up classroom and work with students in clinical areas/classroom. Work is conducted indoors with occasional requirement to walk outdoors (between buildings) to assess other departments. Occasional occupational exposure to chemical/biological, infectious materials. May be exposed to biohazardous materials. Requires sufficient sight to see and read reports and computer screen. Requires sufficient hearing and speaking to communicate by phone or in person.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Must possess current Nebraska R.N. licensure. Prefer current American Heart Association CPR instructor certification but will consider candidate who will achieve certification within a timeframe determined by Madonna. Three years of recent experience in a health care facility with practice in rehabilitation preferred. Teaching experience with curriculum development, interactive class participation and post class analysis preferred. Experience with patient experience tactics such as AIDET, Hourly Rounding, and Bedside Shift report preferred. Must possess knowledge of current nursing practices and skills. Must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and teaching skills.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
November 28, 2018
| Date Closes
December 13, 2018
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category