NA-Acute Rehab:7am-3pm: M/Th/Fri+Rotating Tue+Sat+Sun, Lincoln
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Nurse Aide
Job Code: 102032
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: â??Now You Can!â?
The marvelous aspect of nursing, regardless of licensure, is the ability to provide a lifetime of care with dedication, skill and compassion. We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
The Madonna Nursing Assistants (NA) are critical to a positive patient experience! NAâ??s are responsible for understanding and implementing the patient care plan and to deliver quality care within the clinical services systems and according to Madonna's philosophy and mission. NAâ??s serve on the patient care team, including direct patient care as an unlicensed professional and under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). The NA incorporates primary job functions and other duties related to the holistic care of the patient, dependent upon the work are and/or patient populations to which they are assigned. Reports to the Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse, Administrative Manager or Staff RN. Employees holding nursing licensure will be held accountable to Nebraska nursing licensure requirements, and must maintain an active Nebraska CNA. Responsible for reporting adverse patient condition changes to supervisor. Responsible for internal and external customer relations by upholding the mission and values of the facility.
- Understand and utilize individual job description, program and facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality care delivery.
- Compile and coordinate patient care information to meet program and patient goals.
- Compute, compare, and document patient care data to provide accurate information for the medical record.
- Properly charge patients for billable supplies to ensure accurate billing.
- Instruct and orient new staff to department, environment and operational guidelines.
- Communicate (speak-signal) with licensed nurse and other nursing staff members, regarding patient condition, changes, concerns, patient goals achieved to ensure quality service delivery.
- Serve/attend to the direct care needs of patients and families including transfers, ambulation, repositioning and transporting.
- Communicate to patient, family and co-workers in a respectful manner to maintain a positive customer oriented approach.
- Receive directions from a licensed nurse for patient plan of care in order to meet patient's goals.
- Take instruction from licensed nurse to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and clinical services systems.
- Maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Stock and reorder supplies.
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment and environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. Routinely exposed to biohazardous materials.
Successful completion of the State approved nurse aide training program which includes the 75 hour classroom, written, and competency skill exams and meets current Nebraska registry requirements. Incumbent must be 18 years of age or older.
Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position with the agencies as required by Nebraska State regulations, in addition to any other agencies as determined by Madonna. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
MEDICAL DEVISES used in work, include but not limited to:
- Beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
- Bed scale
- Digital wheelchair/standing scale
- Oral/Tympanic thermometer
- Paging device
- Trauma tub
- Transfer/repositioning devices
- Tub chair lift
- Workstation on Wheels (WOW)
WHY CHOOSE MADONNA?
For those that seek it out, this role is a springboard for your wellness career! For others, attaining a rewarding part time role provides the perfect balance and supplemental income for their family. Madonna offers a Competitive Salary; 403b Retirement Plan; Tuition Assistance and varied scholarships to qualifying employees! We have a Certified Daycare that is on the main campus (childcare coverage for the staff) available for children 6 weeks to 12 years old; and a separate play center at the Madonna ProActive fitness center for members to use as they enjoy the facility.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
NOW YOU CAN:
Turn your work into your lifeâ??s mission! See first-hand impact on members and their families! Learn new skills and advance your career! Love your job and your team! Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING - FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
VIRTUAL TOUR: https://www.madonna.org/our-locations/lincoln-campus-virtual-tour
| Date Posted
November 15, 2018
| Date Closes
November 30, 2018
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category