Respiratory Therapist - PRN
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner PRN Job Code: 220104
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for assessing, planning, providing and evaluating routine diagnostic/therapeutic procedures for patients. Patient caseload may include infants, pediatrics, adolescents and adults. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer and keeps customer service at a priority level. Upholds and models Madonna's mission philosophy and values. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Compiles, computes, analyzes, compares and coordinates patient information to establish, evaluate and document patient information and goals to plan and execute care delivery.
- Analyzes and coordinates research data to contribute current information to patients' plans of care.
- Compiles billable supply charges to ensure accuracy on patients' accounts.
- Cooperates and participates in compiling, computing, analyzing QA and CQI reports.
- Must perceive customer relations as a primary focus, and continually strive to satisfy the needs of every customer in all areas of the work force.
- Delivers/performs therapeutic/diagnostic patient care and procedures in accordance with hospital/departmental policies/procedures to patients as needed in all Madonna programs as ordered by a physician.
- Speaks-signals with staff, patients, families, and other health care providers to arrive at decisions for the benefit of patients in an interdisciplinary setting through goal setting, progress reporting and being a patient advocate.
- Instructs patients and/or caregivers on the use of equipment necessary in respiratory care.
- Responds to all emergency situation/events as announced or required, i.e., Code Charlie, Medical Assist, etc.
- Takes instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Develops and implements projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Operates facility telephone and communication systems to communicate with staff and patients.
- Sets up, maintains, assures, and communicates a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Medical devices used in work include but are not limited to:
Adult and Infant Apnea Monitor
Beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
- Cleaning of the environment and equipment.
- Reordering and stocking of supplies and medications.
- Moving furniture and equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Graduate of an AMA-approved program of Respiratory Care required. Must possess valid Nebraska Respiratory Therapy license and CPR for Health Care Provider/CPR for Professional Rescuer. Registration by the National Board for Respiratory Care, ACLS certification and applicable work experience preferred.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
November 2, 2018
| Date Closes
November 17, 2018
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories