Speech Language Pathologist CCC PRN - Outpatient
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Outpatient Speech Language Pathologist CCC Job Code: 220033
Immediate Supervisor: Outpatient Clinical Supervisor Communication Disorders
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Evaluation and treatment of communication and/or swallowing disorders. Differential diagnosis of speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice and swallowing disorders across all outpatient levels of care. Treatment includes planning, intervention, consultation and education activities. Deliver quality patient care from admission through discharge, including patient and family education/training as well as outcomes assessment. Maintain accurate and timely documentation including monitoring visit utilization and insurance authorization. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Compile, analyze and record patient information to assist with communication and swallowing rehabilitation of patient and to provide departmental accountability of services.
- Plan, direct or implement habilitative and rehabilitative programs to restore communication and/or swallowing efficiency.
- Instruct patient and family on communication and/or swallowing impairment and compensatory strategies to facilitate improved communication/swallowing.
- Participate in team discussion/planning of treatment program for patient.
- Train staff/family in communication/swallowing techniques for a patient.
- Conduct in-services/workshops for staff and/or outside agencies on communication or swallowing impairments.
- Supervise students and volunteers as assigned.
- Communicate with supervisor or other staff regarding concerns, goals, etc., to ensure quality service delivery.
- Supervise other staff during Clinical Fellowship Year when applicable.
- Participate and assist in department and facility committees and/or task forces.
- Take instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Must perceive customer relations as a primary focus, and continually strive to satisfy the needs of every customer in all areas of the work force.
- Complete specified clinical competencies.
- Operate computer or other technology to run treatment program for patient and complete appropriate documentation.
- Must be able to operate copier, telephone, fax machine and have basic computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and documentation and charging.
- Operate clinical equipment such as recording equipment, speech generating devices, and swallowing training devices for clinical use.
- Maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Transport patients to and from therapy via wheelchair.
- Ensure clean environment following protocols and procedures for environment and equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Light work with occasional lifting. Maximum lift 30 pounds with frequent lifting of 15 pounds. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300 pound individual on level surfaces. Frequent walking with maximum duration of 1 hour per shift on tile, carpet, and other surfaces. Constant sitting up to 5.5 hours per shift and 60 minutes sustained sitting. Occasional standing up to 40 minutes per shift with 15 minutes of sustained standing. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of both hands for treatments requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to biohazardous materials. Mobility required for travel to scheduled events or meetings as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Masters in Speech-Language Pathology, ASHA certification (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology and current Nebraska Speech-Language Pathology licensure eligibility required. CPR for Health Care Provider/CPR for Professional Rescuer required at time of hire or within 30 days from date of hire.
May be required to drive a motor vehicle. If required to drive, must have current valid Nebraska driverâ??s license, must submit a copy of current driverâ??s abstract reflecting a good driving record, and have the required mobility needed to drive.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
October 17, 2018
| Date Closes
November 1, 2018
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories