Environmental Support Manager- Omaha
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: Environmental Services Manager Job Code: 880152
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Facilities Status: Exempt
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for assuring quality delivery of services, financial management, policy development and personnel supervisory functions for the department of Environmental Services. Responsible for supervision of staff, selection, hiring, and all aspects of staff performance management. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Develop and implement process improvements in order to have quality service to the right place in the most efficient time and cost.
- Compile, analyze and coordinate department policies and procedures to ensure adequate and quality service delivery.
- Coordinate, analyze and compile department and system goals and objectives to meet facility needs.
- Compile, analyze, compute and coordinate operational budget to maintain department expenses within acceptable limits.
- Coordinate, analyze and compile personnel information, i.e. job descriptions, performance evaluations, new staff orientation, to provide effective recruitment and retention of personnel and to maintain adequate and accurate records.
- Coordinate, compile and analyze staff workloads to maximize efficiency of service delivery.
- Compile and analyze statistical data reflecting activity of functions and assess efficiency of delivery services to internal and external customers.
- Compile and analyze patient room maintenance and quality data to assure facility standards are achieved and improved.
- Coordinate and analyze departmental customer service improvement teams to increase customer satisfaction.
- Analyze, coordinate, compile and compute meaningful and accurate productivity and customer satisfaction indicators, monitoring outcomes on a routine basis and taking effective action to meet such standards.
- Responsible for daily inspections, scheduling and ensuring standards are established and met for the facility.
- Supervise environmental services staff to ensure compliance with state regulations, facility and departmental policies, as well as goals, objectives and safety procedures.
- Responsible for instructing and orienting staff to department's goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and Madonna's mission and values to ensure quality service delivery. Responsible for all supervision aspects of staff including interviews, selection, hiring, and performance management (including mentoring, discipline and terminations of employment).
- Communicate and collaborate with supervisor and other management and administrative staff regarding developments, concerns, goals to ensure quality service delivery.
- Routinely meet with staff to maintain open communications in regards to day-to-day operations, policies, goals and objectives to ensure quality service delivery.
- Communicate with staff on individual performance and completes performance reviews to ensure quality service delivery and retention of employees.
- Follows instruction from supervisor to perform other tasks as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and facility
- Train and develop environmental lead persons to perform assigned functions in order to obtain quality outcomes desired.
- Instruct/encourage staff to participate in facility wide training sessions and outside educational sessions to promote higher quality awareness and educational growth.
- Participate in professional organizations related to health care and Environmental Services field to promote personal and professional growth.
- Communicate with vendors for equipment/supply needs to ensure quality service delivery.
- Collaborate effectively with staff and all others.
- Maintain and ensure a clean and safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Must be able to operate copier, telephone, fax machine and have proficient computer skills, including e-mail, word processing, presentation, spreadsheet functions and any scheduling software.
- Maintain and assure infection prevention control standards for the department to assure infection control regulations and guidelines are maintained.
- Analyzes products, processes, and procedures for Environmental Services to assure safety for all Madonna sites and employees with an emphasis on those related to prevention of slips or trips (falls) and infection prevention.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work - Lifting 50 pounds occasionally or lifting and carrying 10 pounds occasionally.
Indoor work - Not exposed to outside elements or hazards.
Walk and stand constantly to check work service delivery.
Occasionally sit to prepare written reports. Requires sufficient sight to see and read reports and computer screen. Requires sufficient hearing and speaking to communicate by phone or in person. May be required to lift/pull floor cleaning machines up an down stairs. Occasionally push and pull commercial wet vacs, burnishers, scrubbers and extractors.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
High school or equivalency plus two years post high school education in commercial housekeeping required. Two years supervisory experience in like size organization required to include training and developing staff. Additional applicable work experience in commercial housekeeping may be considered in lieu of formal education.
May be required to drive a motor vehicle. If required to drive, must have current valid Nebraska driverâ??s license, must submit a copy of current driverâ??s abstract reflecting a good driving record and have the required mobility needed to drive.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
June 17, 2018
| Date Closes
July 2, 2018
| Located In
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories