Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Database Administrator Status: Exempt
Supervisor: Director Hospital Applications Job Code: 880012
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION / JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for providing facility database installation, configuration, design, development, maintenance, security, performance monitoring and optimization to ensure the availability and consistent performance of all facility hosted Microsoft SQL Server based applications. Responsible for providing all levels of Microsoft SQL Server and database technical support in the production and development environments. Responsible for database development to meet end user information management needs including database design, user interface design, report writing and programming as required. Will provide analysis of technical problems, perform database modifications and provide production support functions for all application systems. Responsible for the design, development, deployment, maintenance and monitoring of all Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services packages.
Works closely with customers, other Information Technology Services (ITS) personnel, external developers and vendors to ensure the proper development and/or maintenance of all major, facility database and peripheral application systems, ensuring proper ITS processes are followed at all times.
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains database schemas to support application development and reports.
- Designs, develops, deploys and maintains extract, translate and load (ETL) solutions to support application integration and reports.
- Creates custom and analyzes third party software vendor database and application server specifications.
- Installs, configures and maintains database server software.
- Plans, tests, implements and monitors database backup and recovery processes.
- Conducts database performance monitoring and performs appropriate database tuning tasks to maintain optimal application and reporting response times.
- Assists in creating Reporting Services reports as needed. Designs, configures and maintains user security access to custom databases to support application functionality and reports.
- Configuration of SQL Server monitoring utilities for SQL server management of development and production environments.
- Troubleshooting SQL Server outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends as required for the production environment
- Maintains all systems in support of vendor upgrades and facility requirements
- Ensures ITS standards and procedures are documented and adhered to and maintains comprehensive technical documentation of systems
- Assists in the analysis, coordination of test processes and actively participates in quality assurance testing
- Assists in the identification of resource requirements necessary to fulfill business goals and objectives
- Other duties as necessary to provide complete ITS service for the facility
- Communicates effectively with end-users and ITS personnel relative to product development, project scope, and resource issues.
- Collaborates with all parties within the facility to ensure knowledge of systems is understood in end-user terms.
- Mentors and instructs end-user communities of the standards and processes followed by Information Technology Services to ensure quality services are provided.
- Instructs and trains team members in the efficient and productive use of new and changed applications and processes.
- Maintains sound business relationships with assigned vendors communicating facility requirements in a positive, proactive manner.
- Assists technical support personnel with the installation of application systems and/or upgrades as required by vendor.
- Works closely with Business Analysts to meet end user business requirements in the design and programming of systems, interfaces and databases
- Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS
Sedentary work - requires adequate vision to read handwritten numbers/materials and computer printouts and must be able to view the computer screen a good part of the day. Must possess adequate communication skills to efficiently communicate with others about computer needs and answer questions.
Must be able to cope with stress of deadlines and working in small, physically close and fast-paced office. The position physically demands much sitting.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education / training and/or experience)
Requires 3-5 years Microsoft SQL serve experience, database administration, database performance tuning and optimization, database management, database security and RDBMS experience
Considerable technical problem solving, research, coordination and interpersonal skills are required to perform the database administration responsibilities of this position. Requires good oral and written communication skills, the ability to take directions, the ability to multi-task, knowledge of logical approaches to problem solving and a general knowledge of supported application system software. This position requires the ability to work independently and to work within team environments
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other related problem solving discipline. An acceptable combination of education, training, certification and experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Background checks are conducted for this position.
| Date Posted
June 17, 2018
| Date Closes
July 2, 2018
| Located In
| SOC Category