Social Worker - On-call, no regular hours
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Lincoln, NE
Job Title: Social Worker I Job Code: 550067
Immediate Supervisor: Director Case MGMT-Hospital Programs
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Manages cases to ensure that patient rights are upheld and that patients are involved in their treatment plans. Initiate and implement clinically appropriate discharge plans. Advocate for patients in availing themselves of community, social, medical and financial resources. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the Case Management Department and Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values of the facility.
- Compile and analyze facility, program, departmental and community agency data to assure organized, quality, individualized patient care and continuity of aftercare services and clinically appropriate discharge plans.
- Compile, coordinate and analyze patient medical and psychosocial data to develop social histories and facilitate a plan of care and discharge plan that meets individual patient/family needs, as well as licensure and certification standards.
- Mentor, negotiate and instruct patients/families regarding facility services and patient rights.
- Mentor, negotiate, instruct and speak with patients and families to ensure patient/family involvement in treatment planning and aftercare services.
- Speak with patients/families in order to obtain information regarding previous functioning to facilitate plan of care.
- Under the direction of the Case Manager, instruct and negotiate with patient/families regarding rehab team recommendations to provide for timely discharge from the rehabilitation program.
- Instruct clinical team members in necessary psycho-social patient information to enhance care plan development and revisions.
- Instruct, negotiate with clinical team regarding availability of services, patient preferences and patient rights in order to develop a plan of care and a discharge plan.
- Negotiate with community agencies regarding patient needs and agency ability to meet needs, making appropriate referrals and arrangements to provide for continuity of care.
- Speak and negotiate with patients/families and potential funding sources to facilitate patient eligibility for benefits (i.e., Medicaid applications, disability benefits).
- Mentor, instruct and negotiate with patients and family members regarding eligibility for and application for specific programs to meet financial, social and/or health care needs.
- Instruct and negotiate with patients and family members regarding advanced directives and legal protection in order to enhance patient self-determination and protection.
- Speak and negotiate with patients/families regarding concerns/grievances and facilitate resolution to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Negotiate and speak with Case Manager regarding all case assignments to ensure a team approach to patient care plans and discharge plans.
- Negotiate with the Case Manager to perform primary Case Managers functions and ensure continuity of care in the Case Manager's absence.
- Negotiate, speak and take instructions from Case Management Supervisor and the Director of Case Management regarding special case situations as needed or requested to obtain direction and support.
- Take instruction from Case Management Supervisor, the Director of Case Management and/or administrative personnel to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the facility and/or department.
- Operate telephone, dictation equipment, photocopying machine, fax machine, and personal computer in order to communicate with necessary internal and external people and agencies, and to compile patient information.
- Maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Assist with ensuring cleanliness of equipment and environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This position is performed 100% indoors. Work activity occurs in offices, meeting rooms, patient care areas. Physical requirements include frequent sitting, standing and walking, occasionally lifting/carrying less than 10 pounds, frequently handling paper, pens, fax machine, telephone, and personal computer. Frequently talking and hearing ordinary tones for conversational speech in person and on the telephone, frequently seeing handwritten and printed material. Frequently writing or typing information.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Bachelors Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work. One year of social work experience preferred. Experience with the elderly and/or disabled preferred. Must possess current CSW (Certified Social Worker) certification or obtain certification within the first three months of employment.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
March 12, 2018
| Date Closes
March 27, 2018
| Located In
Lincoln-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories