Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: Counselor Job Code: 220052
Immediate Supervisor: Director Neuropsychology Status: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Psychological Counselor responsibilities include: Evaluation and treatment of patients in ways consistent with patient and family goals and values, integrated with interventions of other disciplines, and reflective of contemporary standards of psychological science and professional practice. Full and appropriate participation in the development and achievement of organizational, programmatic, treatment team and departmental policies, procedures, goals and objectives. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for Madonna, including its mission and values.
- Analyzing and responding to psychological data to perceive behavioral and environmental stimuli with sufficient acuity and depth to allow analysis and response to such data in an applied psychological context.
- Accomplish timely, accurate and thorough evaluations of patients, communicating findings and recommendations which are responsive to the pertinent referral issue(s) and presented clearly and concisely.
- Mentoring patients and staff to assist them in their personal and professional development.
- Communicate efficiently with others in both individual and group contexts.
- Develop, communicate and deliver appropriate, timely and effective psychological interventions, in both individual and group formats.
- Collaborate effectively with others in interdisciplinary team interventions.
- Meet organizational and departmental responsibilities and standards in the areas of moral and ethical behavior, customer relations, professional development and productivity.
- Must perceive customer relations as a primary focus, and continually strive to satisfy the needs of every customer in all areas of the work force.
- Operate microcomputers in a therapeutic context.
- Administer standard neuropsychological tests under the supervision of a licensed psychologist.
- Practice appropriate stewardship in the use and maintenance of organizational and departmental resources.
- Takes instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Maintains and assures a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Operate audiovisual equipment and an automobile.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Occasional lift of 25 pounds, frequent lift and carry of 10 pounds. Frequent sitting and occasional walking. Frequent reaching with both arms at low and waist levels. Frequent grasping with both hands requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Occasional stooping, bending, and twisting. Constant near visual acuity. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. Indoor work, not exposed to outdoor elements.
The position requires rare physical intervention with agitated or aggressive patients, which could place the staff in an emergency situation and possible contact with blood or body fluids. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Master's Degree in Psychology or a related treatment discipline. Licensed or eligible for licensure in Nebraska as a Mental Health Practitioner.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
March 12, 2018
| Date Closes
March 27, 2018
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category