Houskeeping - Omaha (FT Days)
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: Housekeeping Attendant Job Code: JL
I. DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of offices, restrooms, utility rooms, kitchenettes, nurses stations, report rooms, conference rooms, halls and lab areas. Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting of resident/patient rooms, restrooms, tub/shower rooms, linen closets, lounges and common areas. Responsible for environmental patient/resident needs. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Operate commercial and small vacuums to clean all assigned carpeted areas and vacuum hall register vents to promote quality air flow.
- Dust and clean fire doors, under lounge furniture, baseboards, wall and ceiling lights according to established guidelines.
- Dust and clean designated equipment, furniture, door and window surfaces.
- Dust and wash bed frames and mattresses according to established guidelines.
- Maintain and distribute supplies to designated areas to ensure adequate stock.
- Handle wet and dry mops to clean and disinfect hard surface areas.
- Scrub and disinfect all designated restrooms, utility rooms, shower/tub, kitchenettes according to department guidelines.
- Push and pull handcart with daily supplies and equipment to each area to be cleaned.
- Remove refuse from all designated containers and replace with clean liners.
- Mix and dilute housecleaning chemicals according to established guidelines.
- Handle linen to make beds daily.
- Maintain and assure a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Clean, dust and disinfect assigned areas of Madonna properties.
- Takes instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and/or system.
- Train new staff to housecleaning tasks.
- Record daily work completed on checklist for supervisor.
- Maintain and ensure a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Medium work - Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Walk and stand constantly.
- Stoops, crouch and reach frequently.
- Outside work to clean unattached buildings/properties.
- Push and pull handcart with supplies to areas to be cleaned. Requires up to 20 pounds to initiate, then 7-10 pounds to maintain.
- Receives information orally and/or visually for cleaning instructions and safety measures.
- Required to wear gloves while handling cleaning products and disinfecting.
- Handle and have contact with water and other liquid materials.
- Handle corrosive liquid cleaning products frequently for disinfecting.
- Occasionally push and pull commercial wet vacs and extractors to do floor cleaning.
- Handle household aerosol sprays for cleaning.
- Occasionally may be required to lift or pull floor-cleaning machines up and down stairs with assistance if needed.
- Routinely exposed to biohazardous materials.
- Continuous handling and grasping of cleaning and managing supplies and equipment.
- Ability to go up and down stairs and ladder.
- Mobility required to travel to Madonna properties.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Institutional cleaning experience preferred. Basic math skills preferred. Basic reading skills required. Must maintain positive communication in a fast paced environment under advers conditions. May be required to drive a motor vehicle. If required to drive, must have a current valid Nebraska drivers license, must submit a copy of current drivers abstract reflecting a good driving record, and have the required mobility needed to drive. Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
November 12, 2017
| Date Closes
November 27, 2017
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category