Nurse Practitioner PRN - Omaha Hospital
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital Omaha, NE
Job Title: RN Advanced Practice Job Code: 100078
Immediate Supervisor: Chief Medical Officer Status: Exempt
DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
The nurse practitioner functions as an independent practitioner under the supervision of a physician. The nurse practitioner assists assigned medical staff using discretion and independent judgement with clinical duties to include history and physicals, ongoing clinical assessments, rehabilitation treatment planning, medical management, and discharge summaries. Administrative and management functions include participation in interdisciplinary team meetings and assigned program development committees. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Completes initial history and physical within defined time parameters.
- On day of discharge, reviews patient's chart and dictates discharge summary to include brief summary of history, physical exam, diagnosis, treatment course, pertinent laboratory and radiology, discharge medications, condition on discharge and disposition of patient.
- Uses dictation and/or EHR system for documentation of pertinent clinical data.
- Actively participates with interpretation, analysis, and program improvement initiatives utilizing program evaluation and quality assurance data.
- Evaluates laboratory and other clinical data and takes appropriate action for medical followup.
- Performs detailed complete history and physical examination to include health history and current reason for admission.
- Order diagnostic tests.
- Completes assessment and recommendation of rehabilitation goal and plan.
- Evaluates and treats medical problems in accordance with established protocols, using discretion and consulting assigned physician to deal with issues outside the nurse practitioners scope of practice
- Consults with physician in all emergencies and/or potentially life threatening conditions.
- Makes daily rounds of assigned patients.
- Takes part in on-call rotation with appropriate physician back-up.
- Writes orders for medications consistent with scope of practice, therapy orders, laboratory, radiology, or other medical followup.
- Provides care for patients on an outpatient basis as assigned.
- Participates in the staffing of an employee clinic.
- Follows instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and/or system.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Ability to access clinical information using Sunrise clinical system.
- Maintain and ensure a safe working environment. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Medium to heavy work with frequent lifting. Able to perform transfers with assistance for patients of various sizes whose body weight may be up to 250 pounds. Infrequently body weight may exceed 250 pounds. Requires sufficient strength to push up to 300 pounds with a wheelchair.
- Constant walking. Requires frequent bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, feeling and constant handling during patient care activities.
- Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients.
- Ordinary hearing and speaking skills.
- May be potential exposure to biohazardous materials.
- Protective clothing frequently wears gloves and occasionally wears gown and mask.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Requires Masters Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing or university. Current Advanced Nurse Practitioner License from Nebraska. Must be CPR Certified, ACLS preferred. Two years of rehabilitation or medical nursing required.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.
| Date Posted
September 13, 2017
| Date Closes
September 28, 2017
| Located In
Omaha-Madonna Main Campus
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories