Job Title: ITS Technician II Job Code: Q2
I. DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Responsible for diagnosing and solving networked end user client computer based hardware and software problems. Responsible for researching, implementing, installing, evaluating, diagnosing and maintaining the end user client computing devices including hardware and software components. Responsible for consulting with end users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications in alignment with MRH business and clinical computing needs. Responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining technical service and support documentation, including problem-solving methodology for unique problems. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for the department and Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Compile, analyze, compute and coordinate preventive maintenance tasks to minimize hardware and software malfunctions.
- Compile, analyze and maintain a working knowledge of the computing hardware and software components utilized at the facility.
- Analyze, develop, coordinate, maintain and teach a learning environment for all facility staff regarding the communications system, including Windows networking access and Microsoft Office Suite and full Outlook client.
- Maintain awareness of new technology, or technology not currently utilized at the facility that might be beneficial to users. Communicate with immediate supervisor and customers in analyzing, implementing and coordinating such new technology.
- Synthesize, analyze, and coordinate the usage of computer equipment.
- Compile, analyze, and coordinate the installation and implementation of new programs into the system.
- Ensures ITS standards and procedures are documented and adhered to. Maintains comprehensive technical documentation of systems.
- Analyze, compile, coordinate, and prepare special reports in response to information needs of Madonna departments.
- Analyze, isolate, compare and coordinate installation and replacement of components to insure adequate and quality support of all hardware.
- Compile, analyze and coordinate an inventory of all computer equipment and all computer software at the facility.
- Accurately performs quarterly physical inventory of all supplies and component parts and equipment in ITS storage.
- Maintains clean and orderly ITS storage and office areas.
- Must perceive customer relations as a primary focus to the department and continually strive to satisfy the needs of every customer in all areas of the work force.
- Instruct and coordinate the training of users in various hardware and software aspects, helping, persuading, and serving to insure all personnel get the most benefit from their systems.
- Analyze, develop, coordinate, maintain and teach a learning environment for all facility staff regarding the communications system.
- Plan and schedule workload to maximize efficiency and quality of service delivery.
- Ensure satisfaction of both internal and external customers by providing timely planning, consultation and advisory services on computer systems analysis, evaluation and integration into facility work flow processes.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and other facility staff regarding developments, concerns, and goals to insure quality service delivery.
- Serve as a contributing member of assigned committees and project teams within ITS to address needs/goals identified.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with outside hardware and software vendors.
- Takes instruction from supervisor to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the ITS department and provide complete ITS service for the facility.
- Set up, configure, install and test all hardware and software required for effective information system support.
- Set up, install, and maintain patient related computers and software.
- Set up, operate, handle, and maintain a working knowledge of the PC hardware, server and network hardware, cables, and other communication system components utilized at the facility.
- Analyze, obtain, and utilize precision diagnostic utilities as an aid to diagnosing malfunctions.
- Test the necessary computer equipment to insure quality of service delivery.
- Set up, install, test and operate PC software. Set up and maintain user directory access accounts and logins on network, e-mail, and other software systems.
- Implement and maintain, as instructed the physical wiring infrastructure for all MRH technical and communication systems.
- Handle receiving and storage of equipment upon delivery to verify quality and quantity of receipt on invoice.
- Maintain and ensure a safe environment for the department. Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Must be able to operate copier, telephone, fax machine and have proficient computer skills, including e-mail, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet functions.
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Sedentary work - Requires adequate vision to read handwritten numbers/material and computer printouts, and must be able to view the computer screen a good part of the day. Must possess adequate hearing and speech to answer the telephone and communicate efficiently with others about computer needs and answer questions. Must be able to cope with stress of deadlines and working in a small, physically close and fast paced office.
There will be the need for an occasional extended day. This position physically demands some sitting, much walking, stooping and medium lifting (up to 50 pounds).
Must be able to work odd or long hours to achieve objectives or to solve problems. Must be able to take 7 X 24 on-call support on a scheduled rotation.
Indoor work - not exposed to outside elements or hazards except for travel to remote sites. Mobility required to travel to scheduled events or meetings as needed.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Provides and operates motor vehicle and travels as necessary in order to contact and service clients.
This position requires an Associates degree in computer science, MIS, engineering, teaching, or technical support related discipline; or the applicant must have an acceptable combination of education and at least 4 years comparable work experience.
Two years experience in support of automated office systems in networked hardware and software environments. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Windows based applications including Microsoft Office Suite and full Outlook client version. Experience setting up, troubleshooting and repairing PC hardware and supporting and training PC end users in a LAN/WLAN environment.
This position requires excellent oral communications skills, able to understand end users needs and identify solution alternatives. Considerable problem solving and interpersonal skills are required to perform the consulting and communicative responsibilities of this position. This position requires the ability to work independently and within a team environment. Must have ability to work in demanding situations without adverse reaction and interact in a positive manner with staff and public, either in person or by telephone.
Must have current valid Nebraska drivers license and must submit a copy of current drivers abstract reflecting a good driving record.
Background checks are conducted. When specific authorization forms are requested so that full background and history can be obtained, employees/applicants must sign the form(s) requested.