Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
- Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines to underwrite the issuance of title insurance.
- Issues underwriting standards and guidelines in accordance with established company processes.
- Works under general supervision setting own priorities and objectives.
- Ability to work independently.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process.
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services.
- General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies.
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions.
- Knowledge of Resware preferred but not required