This position requires an energetic and customer service driven title professional that will focus on delivering top-notch customer service. The successful candidate will be a team player experienced in researching and analyzing real property records in order to prepare title insurance commitments and property reports.
• Examine title orders within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by considering the effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record
• Research, analyze and evaluate pertinent record documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, and any connection to title
• Explain chain of title, exceptions, and requirements to customers and managers
• Recognize title defects and formulate curative requirements
• Assess risks and liabilities that may jeopardize the company, and bring these matters to the attention of the title manager
• Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis
• Review surveys prepared on properties, if applicable
• Work closely with the escrow staff to meet time requirements for options, and assist with answering questions
• Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and policy procedures
• Perform title searches, verifying, reviewing and compiling information including but not limited to, geographic information, property surveys and legal description, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, etc. which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property.
• Updates title and judgment searches and ensures timely processing of associated documents, etc.
• Answers questions and inquiries regarding process, procedures and transactions.
• Submits details for examination of the title and provides updates to appropriate parties.
• Utilizes various documents, files, websites and title search software.
• Recommends and advise management on process improvement and impact of change and leads initiatives to improve processes and service/products.
• Perform other duties assigned by manager