Contractors, Laborers, Teamsters and Engineers
Title: Data Specialist – Employee Benefits
General Functions and Purpose:
Assist in the day-to-day operations of the various benefit programs offered through the CLT&E Benefit Office. Areas of concentration include entering and maintaining source data for purposes of eligibility, such as, the employer/employee contributions. Additionally, the incumbent will assist in the administration of the pension plan, including the coordination of pension applications and payments.
Must develop a thorough understanding of the benefit programs and applicable standards, rules and regulations associated with group benefit programs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
DATA ENTRY / RECORDS ADMINISTRTION:
- Record and reconcile employer contributions in an accurate and orderly fashion. Ensure that the Benefit Office has received the proper documentation and that such information has been properly recorded in the computer system.
- Reconcile the monthly accounts of contributing contractors and provide notice of discrepancies.
- Assist in facilitating the pension application process as necessary to ensure that each applicant is provided with all necessary materials and guidance. Ensure that the application is complete and that all necessary supporting documentation has been provided.
- Monitor and maintain all associated data files, both electronically and in paper form, for all pensioners and their beneficiaries; including changes in addresses, taxes withheld and banking information.
- Conduct annual verifications to ensure that the recipient of the benefit is the intended pensioner/beneficiary. Monitor and manage the accuracy of the data files and investigate any discrepancies. Remain alert to any changes in the participant’s account and take the appropriate action to maintain the required accuracy and accountability.
- Counsel applicants/pensioners on the applicable terms and conditions of the Plan.
Related Experience and/or Skill Sets:
- The ideal candidate will possess at least two (2) years of experience with group benefit plans. Must be able to develop a thorough understanding of the CLT&E benefit plans and be able to communicate such in a clear and accurate fashion.
- College level coursework in human resources, public administration, business administration or employee benefits/compensation or a related filed is desirable.
Significant Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service/communication skills needed, both over the phone and in person.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people from various socio-economic backgrounds.
- A working knowledge of employee benefit plans, including familiarity with the general terminology associated with health insurances plans is desired.
- Ability to operate a personal computer timely and accurately, including data entry. Knowledge of Microsoft products; i.e. Work, Excel required.
This Data Specialist - Employee Benefits position is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in group benefit plans and customer service/communication skills. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of employee benefit plans, including familiarity with the general terminology associated with health insurances plans, and the ability to operate a personal computer timely and accurately. #Hiring #Omaha #Job #DataSpecialist #EmployeeBenefits #GroupBenefitPlans #CustomerService #CommunicationSkills #HealthInsurance #MicrosoftProducts #DataEntry