The physicians and staff at AAIA, strive to provide the highest quality of care to patients seeking treatment for allergies, asthma, immunologic conditions, and other related health needs. We have been serving the Omaha, Lincoln, and surrounding communities for over 40 years, and we are currently seeking a medical receptionist to join our Omaha office.
This is a full-time position, daytime hours Monday through Friday, and rotating Saturday morning shifts are required.
Candidates for this full-time position should have previous administrative assistant/receptionist experience, be personable and professional in all forms of communication, and excel at multitasking for clinical reception/check-in and phones. Candidates must be proficient in computer usage and navigating EMR/EHR systems. Medical records scanning experience is a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet patients and visitors in a courteous, friendly manner
- Answer multi-line phone system and direct callers
- Frequent, accurate scanning of internal/external medical records, paperwork and other documents
- Data entry
- Insurance entry/verification
- Professional demeanor in both external and internal communications and interactions
- Schedule patient appointments
- Handle communication and task flow within a fast-paced, multi-location medical practice; ability to multi-task effectively
- Accurately collect and record patient co-payments and payment on account
- Understand and maintain HIPAA and privacy guidelines
- Make reminder calls to patients and schedule automated reminders
- Update appointment scheduling templates and clinic calendars
- Screen patients
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Computer proficiency
- Typing skills
- Operate typical office equipment (copiers, scanners, fax)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work experience as an administrative assistant/receptionist
- Experience working in a physician's office/group medical practice, is highly desirable
- HS diploma or GED required
The employee is frequently required to sit and stand; the employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job will require exposure to patient elements. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, document scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
We offer competitive wages and a range of benefits, including PTO and a generous 401k.
AAIA is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. AAIA participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Allergy, Asthma and Immunology