Do you have a strong work ethic and exceptional customer service skills, accurate and efficient EMR/EHR, appointment scheduling and document scanning skills, and want to make the all-important first impression to the patients and guests of our busy medical clinic? Then read on to learn more about a great opportunity!
Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Associates, P.C. is currently seeking a medical receptionist with a strong administrative assistant and computer skills background, to join our Omaha office.
Candidates for this full-time position should have previous administrative assistant/receptionist experience, be personable and professional in all forms of communication, excel at multi-tasking, and be efficient at navigating within computer programs and EMR/EHR systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greeting patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner
- Answering multi-line phone system and directing call flow
- Conducting billing/insurance verification, patient demographic, record collection and data entry
- Scanning medical records and documents into the EHR/EMR system
- Scheduling patient appointments for multiple clinics
- Handling communication and task flow within a fast-paced medical practice
- Accurately collecting and recording patient co-payments and payment on account
- Understanding and maintaining HIPAA and privacy guidelines
- Making reminder calls to patients and scheduling automated reminders
- Update appointment scheduling templates and clinic calendars
- Screen patients at front door as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Computer proficiency
- Typing skills
- Operate typical office equipment (copiers, scanners, fax)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work experience as an administrative assistant/receptionist
- Experience working in a physician's office/group medical practice, is highly desirable
- HS diploma or GED required
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday; rotating Saturday morning shifts are required. We offer competitive wages and a range of benefits, including PTO and a generous 401k.
AAIA is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.