Title: Kids & Company Child Care Associate
ReportING to: Site Director
Employment Status: Part-Time
Employment Classification: Non-exempt
- Health insurance stipend
- Short term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Free Kids & Company childcare
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
About The Council Bluffs Schools Foundation
The Council Bluffs Schools Foundation is a nonprofit 501c3 organization, governed by a board of directors, which provides financial resources and support to benefit the children, families, and staff of the Council Bluffs Community School District.
In pursuit of our mission, the foundation operates three signature programs:
- Kids & Company is a before and after school childcare program operating out of 10 elementary building in the Council Bluffs School District that provides supervision and engaging activities to more than 800 children.
- STARS Scholarship provides support for adult, low-income parents in Pottawattamie County as they pursue a postsecondary degree or career training certification.
- Alumni & Friends aims to create a network of individuals who wish to support the school district, connect with old friends, and stay informed.
In addition to these programs, we administer high school scholarship funds, and provide opportunities for our community of donors to support education in Council Bluffs.
About Kids & Company
Kids & Company provides safe, caring, affordable childcare for school-aged children in the Council Bluffs Community School District. Operating out of 10 elementary school buildings in the district, Kids & Company offers before school and after school childcare, as well as full day childcare on out of school days. Kids & Company is licensed by the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS), and participates in the Quality Rating System, a voluntary rating system designed by Iowa DHS designed to increase the quality of childcare in Iowa.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to pass background and drug screen
The Childcare Associate assists the Site Director by performing routine duties in the delivery of quality school age child care as defined by the Department of Human Services and organizational policy and procedure. Childcare Associates provide supervision, and ensure the safety and well-being of children in a before and after school childcare setting, as well as full day childcare during out of school days. Childcare Associates also assist children with self-care, develop and participate in lesson plans, activities, and play.
Location: Council Bluffs Community School District Elementary Schools, assigned by the Programs Director at the time of hire.
Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 8:55 a.m. Monday through Friday, and/or 3:20 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday (Mondays 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 PM) on school days. During school vacation days and the summer, 3-6 hour shifts from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Supervise children during program time. Monitor children to ensure safety and well-being at all times.
- Develops appropriate relationships with students through communication and participation in activities, and builds rapport with parents.
- Implement curriculum and lesson plans, including participating in play, physical activities, arts and crafts, and other activities with children.
- Develops, or assists with creation of lesson plan activities, including but not limited to group games, arts and crafts, science activities, and quiet play activities that promote health, social learning, and imagination.
- Assist children with self-care when appropriate.
- Assist with planning and preparing snacks and meals for children, adhering to licensing requirements. Never leaves children unattended and is always alert and attentive while working.
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, toys, and other items used by children and staff.
- Prepares forms and maintains records for various purposes, including attendance, billing, behaviors and accidents.
- Understands and follows Kids & Company policies and procedures, as well as state licensing requirements.
- Completes ongoing training needed to perform job duties and maintain certifications as needed.
- Performs job duties in a positive, professional manner. Maintains confidentiality of children, parents, and staff at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires active participation with children including playground activities, meal and snack preparation. The position may include some light lifting, squatting, and large and fine motor movements.
Council Bluffs Schools Foundation