Quality Assurance Manager
LALA US, Inc. Colorado Springs, CO
Directs, manages and plans all activities within the Quality Assurance department. Responsible for developing and maintaining inspection and testing procedures that will ensure food safety and food quality standards are met and maintained for all FDA, State, SQF, HACCP and customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines the direction of the department in conjunction with company policies and the needs of other departments.
- Provides information and trains employees in procedures and operational changes. Initiates and implements training programs directed towards food safety and food quality.
- Directs the QA activities with primary focus on the investigation and identification of component and process related quality problems. Initiates corrective actions and improves programs to support all FDA, State, SQF, HACCP and customer requirements.
- Provides and submits annual budget and monitors expenditures for compliance to budgetary needs.
- Administers direct supervisory responsibilities for QA and Housekeeping personnel including coaching, discipline, hiring, training, performance evaluations and work scheduling.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring and communicating to internal stakeholders when necessary.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety and Food Quality Plans and all programs that support the SQF System and the SQF code requirements.
- Works in conjunction with R&D to ensure needs of that department are met on an on going basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelors degree in Food Science preferred or in a related field and 8 years of related experience including supervision in food/beverage manufacturing.
- HACCP Certified and SQF Practitioner Certified or ability to obtain certification within 2 months of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing operational and organization needs.
- Strong team player with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to assess, evaluate and solve problems.
- Experience in using SAP.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite.
| Date Posted
September 27, 2017
| Date Closes
October 27, 2017
| Located In
Colorado springs, CO
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories