Iowa Educational Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Iowa Braille and Sight Saving School
Announces Employment Opportunity:
Teacher of the Visually Impaired
One position – Northwest AEA – Itinerant
Send resume, licensure/certification, copies of transcripts and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
IESBVI Human Resources; 3501 Harry Langdon Blvd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Additional information and job postings available at http://www.iowa-braille.k12.ia.us/
Contact Human Resources at phone: 712-366-3283 or email: email@example.com
- In collaboration with Area Education Agencies (AEAs) and Local Education Agencies (LEAs), and using an itinerant model, the Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) provides appropriate support and/or instruction to students with visual impairments, in their local schools and home settings.
- Formulates appropriate educational objective, activities, evaluation, goals, and instruction.
- Reports student growth and programs to parents periodically.
- Participates as a member of multidisciplinary teams; involved with evaluations; educational planning; development of Individualized Educational Plans (IEP); program implementation. Provides written reports and documentation. May lead IEP meetings.
Bachelor’s degree in education plus experience using a computer and other office equipment required. Candidates must meet State of Iowa teacher licensure requirements with an endorsement in visual impairment by the time of appointment. Candidates possessing a special education endorsement may also qualify, but must complete the visual impairment endorsement within three years of appointment (financial assistance available for necessary coursework). Information on Iowa licensing requirements may be found at the Board of Educational Examiners webpage: https://boee.iowa.gov/
Master’s degree in education and experience working with students who are blind and visually impaired preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be determined by the successful applicant’s educational and teaching experience.
(BA degree - $46,700-$72,400; MA degree – $54,800-$84,500). Comprehensive benefit package.
School-year appointments. Positions start August 2021. Service region covers multiple Iowa school districts. The ability to travel throughout a designated region within Iowa on a daily basis required. Criminal and other relevant background checks also required. Applications will be accepted beginning immediately. Applications accepted until positions are filled.
Available service region:
- Northwest AEA (Northwest Iowa)- Full Time (Itinerant) office in Sioux City, IA
teacher teaching omaha jobs
Iowa School for the Deaf - Iowa Braille School