General Manager, Omaha Franchise
HI Omaha, LLC. d/b/a Home Instead Senior Care
The ideal candidate must possess a servant heart to help aging adults and families within our community. Previous experience of running and growing a small business or higher-level department within an organization. Must exemplify strong leadership and a natural motivator who has the drive to grow and reach goals. Ability to think creatively while following the core values and standards of Home Instead. A desire to build community relationships such as events, local board member and marketing Home Instead services. Expertise with financials such as, profit and loss statements, accounts receivables and payables, payroll and QuickBooks.
The General Manager is responsible for successfully directing and coordinating all activities in the franchise for growth and development of the business.
- Reflect the core values of HI Omaha, LLC. (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
- Develop and manage the annual franchise operational plan and budget.
- Achieve the annual operational plan’s revenues, gross profit, profitability and other operational goals by the stated milestones.
- Provide leadership and management of all Home Instead® departments such as finance, staffing, human resources, client services and home care sales which affect operational efficiency and achievement of the operational goals.
- Manage outcomes of all department activities and direct changes that will drive achievement of operational goals.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with referral sources in the community.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are implemented and communicated to all employees.
- Develop and manage all critical numbers of the business (see Key Performance Indicator/Operations scorecard) and report them each (x period of time) to the Home Instead Senior Care franchise owner.
- Develop and implement quarterly accountability meetings with each key player focusing on their growth and development.
- Maintain and establish strong relationships with neighboring franchise owners
- Maintain and establish strong relationships with the HI Omaha, LLC Business Performance team
- Perform any and all other functions and responsibilities deemed necessary for the successful operation of a Home Instead Senior Care franchise office
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Four to ten years of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- This position will be responsible for overseeing all of the functions performed by the office staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, coaching employee’s performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by HI Omaha, LLC. (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise)
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills is essential as well as sound judgment and good decision-making
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with office colleagues, the franchise owner, clients and the community
- Must have the ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
- Must be able to work evenings or weekends as required
- Must have knowledge of the senior-care industry
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must be able to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must be able to recruit “A” players
Competitive compensation package with potential bonus levels.
The Home Instead Senior Care benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (Health)
- Flexible Spending Account (Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance (additional coverage for employee, spouse and/or children is available)
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Long Term Care
- Cellular discounts with Verizon and Sprint
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Wellness Program
Founded in 1994 in Omaha, Nebraska, by Lori and Paul Hogan, the Home Instead Senior Care® network provides personalized care, support and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world's leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with more than 1,000 independently owned and operated franchises that are estimated to annually provide more than 50 million hours of care throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Local Home Instead Senior Care offices employ approximately 65,000 CAREGiversSM worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. The Home Instead Senior Care network strives to partner with each client and his or her family members to help meet that individual’s needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources. At Home Instead Senior Care, it’s relationship before task, while striving to provide superior quality service.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.