Director of Human Resources
Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska Gering, NE
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Areas of Responsibility: Be responsible for activities of the Human Resource Department; be involved in strategic planning related to recruitment, retention, and growth of staff; maintain accurate and confidential personnel files; recruitment and retention of employees; provide orientation of new employees and training opportunities; analyze and maintain quality and affordable employee benefit programs; provide payroll information to Finance Department; work with management to assure that performance evaluations are completed; provide reports to management and funding sources as required; promote positive employee/management relations.
- Goals: Develop goals and activities for Human Resources in conjunction with the strategic plan of the agency and requirements of applicable regulations.
- Budget/Resources: Develop budget recommendations to support the Human Resources department in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Department activities: Develop department policies and procedures, protocols, and staffing to implement goals.
- Maintain and update ADP software
- Develop, review, and revise job descriptions and the agency hiring and retention procedures including recruitment, interviews, selection, promotions, accommodations, and related functions
- Coordinate and conduct exit interviews with employees leaving CAPWN employment
- Supervise the maintenance of personnel records and procedures for access to records
- Ensure compliance with licensing, contract provisions, regulations, and quality assurance requirements as applicable for personnel.
- Oversee compliance with and reporting of Equal Employee Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Responsible for the management and processing of claims related activities and serves as the claims point of contact.
- Oversee compliance with Federal and State labor laws and regulations
- Investigate employee complaints
- Provide consultation on performance evaluations and disciplinary actions
- Promote employee safety and manage worker compensation and accommodations; oversee the safety committee.
- Reports and communication: Submit reports and communicate with funding sources, the Executive Director, and Board of Directors; provide Finance Department with quarterly and year-end payroll reports and W-2 forms to employees; and prepare government labor reports.
- Program assessment: Provide periodic review, evaluation, and modification of the agency human resource needs.
- Supervise and evaluate Human Resource staff
- Utilize coaching and disciplinary procedures as necessary for staff under the direct supervision
- Participate in activities of the agency’s Senior Staff management team.
- Communicate the mission, management decisions, and agency initiatives to Human Resource staff to enhance coordination within the agency.
- Agency Committees: Responsible for Human Resource participation in agency committees including Staff Development, Safety, and Health Promotion
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Work receives limited supervision and requires initiative and self-direction.
- Decision-making skill that responsibly accounts for impact on staff and consumers.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with an advanced level of organizational skills in managing operational systems.
- Ability to attend off-site training and meetings, including some evenings, weekends, and overnight out-of-town stays.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to apply local, state, and national laws and codes applicable to Human Resources and select and interpret appropriate guidelines and procedures which may be vague and complex.
- High level of proficiency in oral and written communication in English.
- Competent managing cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Skilled in teamwork and ability to motivate staff with a high skill level for managing conflict.
- Professional leadership and supervision through vision and inspiration to peers and supervisees.
- Ability to align work with strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Advanced mathematical skills to accurately develop and manage budgets.
- Office 90%, 10% training, meetings, and community interaction
- Work is frequently stressful and requires the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Limited out of town travel
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, crouch and pull file drawers
- Fine manipulation of hands with repetitive action
- Operate office machines
- Occasional lifting and carrying of up to ten pounds
- Must regularly talk, hear and have close vision ability
Supervises and Guides: Human Resource Specialists
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field with documented course work or subsequent human resources training and 3-5 years of progressive experience in human resources. Will consider an equivalent combination of education and 5+ years of progressive experience in human resources.
- Two years’ experience in staff supervision and oversight.
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and data software.
- Meet the minimum qualifications above;
- Six years or more of human resources administration experience.
- Meet the minimum qualifications above;
- Professional Human Resource Certification (PHR) or other specialized training.
| Date Posted
May 19, 2020
| Date Closes
June 18, 2020
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
11-3121.00 Human Resources Managers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
This job requires the following skills
- Human Resources Concepts
- Public Speaking
- Excellent Communication
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories