Migrant HE Outreach Worker
Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
1 Position Available
Works in Benkelman and Imperial NE
Negotiable Starting Date
32 Hours Monday through Friday, possible weekend
Position open until filled
Notice: A complete job application is required for all applicants. www.capwn.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Human Resource Department
3350 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Areas of Responsibility: Promote access of migrant and seasonal farm workers to Migrant Health services and assist with clinic flow.
1. Promote Migrant Health and facilitate accessibility for migrant and seasonal farm workers which may include transportation, to provide interpretation and translation services.
2. Become knowledgeable regarding local community agencies and services provided and to act as resource for clients.
3. Schedule appointments with providers and make referrals to other services;
4. Follow up on missed appointments.
5. Provide health education related programs and materials to clients.
6. Enter client data into health center data base, assisting in maintaining client tracking system; maintaining all required documentation in client files.
7. Complete & Submit reports in a timely manner.
8. Work cooperatively with other agencies and programs in service area
9. Maintain client confidentiality.
10. Provide General clerical duties input data, complete statistical data records, audit and monitor vouchers
11. Perform other duties assigned.
• 50% office environment with clients and with the public
• 50% Outreach in the community and clients
• Work is frequently stressful and requires meeting tight deadlines.
• In and out of town travel.
• Requires periods of typing and sitting at desk.
• Fine manipulation of hands with repetitive action.
• Operate office equipment.
• Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds.
• Must regularly talk, hear and have close vision ability
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Proficient in communicating in Spanish and English.
3. Age 21 or above.
4. Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record and insured vehicle.
5. Physically and mentally able to perform duties.
6. Available to work irregular hours and weekends.
1. Meet the minimum qualifications above;
2. Three years’ experience in out- reach and client referral or related area
Benefits: 30 or more hours employees will be eligible for Employee only medical/ Vision/Dental/Life Insurance, Cafeteria Flex Plans, 401k plan with guaranteed company match, PTO (Paid Time Off).
|Date Posted||February 3, 2020|
|Date Closes||March 4, 2020|
|Located In||Imperial, NE|
|Job Type||Part-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||32 hours per week; 32 Hours Monday through Friday, possible weekend Position open until filled|
|Desired Secondary Language Skill||Spanish|
|SOC Category||21-1091.00 Health Educators|
|Address||3350 10th Street|
|City, State and Zip||Gering, NE 69341|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories