Reproductive Health Program - LPN
Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska Gering, NE
REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH LPN
Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
1 Position Available
Work in Gering, Nebraska
Full time position
Monday through Friday
Position open until filled
Wage starts at $17.34
Notice: A complete job application is required for all applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Human Resource Department
3350 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Areas of Responsibility: Provide quality services to Family Planning users ensuring compliance with Federal and State guidelines; educate clients and community on family planning and reproductive health issues.
- Perform nursing skills, including, weight, height, blood pressure, and perform veni-punctures and CLIA waived lab procedures.
- Conduct intake interviews, prepare rooms, and assist provider as needed; document clinic activities
- Counsel client provide information and appropriate referrals and follow-up as required; conduct post counseling and documentation.
- Provide community outreach for reproductive health program through presentations to local community agencies and area schools
- Provide secretarial skills including but not limited to general clerical duties, complete statistical records, and prepare client charts; stock and maintain an inventory clinic supplies and pamphlets.
- Daily input data entries into software or manual log; perform coding and billing duties for each encounter; collect payments and post credits for each encounter in Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Be responsible for all payments collected each day; close out all day sheets after charges and credits are posted.
- Perform pharmacy duties including administering of drugs, including injectables; dispense formulary drugs per Nebraska Pharmacy regulations for Family Planning; assure client’s understanding of actions/side effects and directions for taking the medications.
- Perform maintenance functions as needed for health clinic.
- Maintain an understanding of and operate under guidelines of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Title X agency policies and procedures; work cooperatively to meet program performance standards, workplace goals and client goals.
- Provide HIV counseling and referral and other STD testing, counseling and treatment.
- Submit reports as requested.
- Assist with training and supervision of unpaid staff.
- Attend staff meetings and training opportunities as required.
- Participate in the Performance Measurement and Improvement (PMI) activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clinic environment 90%, 10% training, meetings, and community interaction.
- Well-lit, temperature-controlled clinical setting, with standard medical and office equipment available.
- Work is frequently stressful and requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Work in a highly volatile program in a state of change with many interruptions and interactions.
- Must be able to work irregular hours, some weekends and evenings and out of town training.
- The noise level in the work environment is above average.
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, squat, walk and pull drawers.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate office and medical equipment.
- Must regularly talk, hear and have close vision ability to record and communicate appropriate documents and records.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
- Valid Licensed Practical Nurse License.
- Ability to maintain a current CPR certification.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Outlook and other programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and insured vehicle available at all times.
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals of diverse ages, abilities, cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds, and sexual orientations.
- Meet the minimum qualifications above;
- LPN-C or LPN with three years of nursing experience preferably in clinical nursing, women’s health, public health, or community health nursing.
- Meet the minimum qualifications above;
- Six years of nursing experience preferably in clinical nursing, women’s health, public health, or community health nursing.
Benefits: Medical (employee only)/Dental/Life Insurance, Cafeteria Flex Plans, 401k retirement plan with guaranteed company match, PTO (Paid Time Off).
| Date Posted
November 9, 2018
| Date Closes
December 9, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
29-2061.00 Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
This job is related other jobs in these career categories