Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
1 Position Available $11.95
Full time position available in Scottsbluff, Nebraska
Required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Position open until filled
Notice: A complete job application is required for all applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Human Resource Department
3350 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Areas of Responsibility: Responsible for implementing daily activities of the assigned youth services program, in accordance with the program policies and procedures. Interact with youth and provide a clean, safe, consistent and therapeutic environment; substitute in other youth programs.
- Be responsible for creating a safe, supportive, therapeutic environment including positive role modeling, behavioral management and close supervision of youth. Provide the therapeutic environment using Trauma Informed Best Practices.
- Supervise youth staying in residential facilities; provide skill building, recreational activities, and educational development.
- Provide positive interactions during intake and assessment process. Make sure that the documentation is thorough and complete (meet’s supervisor’s approval).
- Interact with youth in an effective, healthy manner in implementing daily program activities in the residential programs.
- Facilitate youths’ completion of all daily activities in accordance with program rules, as well as facility rules and guidelines.
- Serve as a mature role model for youth and conduct self in a professional manner by teaching safe respectful boundaries.
- Respect the rights and protect the confidentiality of youth and families by adhering to the confidentiality policies of Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska.
- Record all significant events in resident behavior logs, including goals, observed behavior, medication, phone contacts and other assigned information.
- Maintain case files, data and required documentation for RHYMIS, CSBG, ROMA, Volunteer, and Youth Services Contracts/Grants.
- Make appropriate documentation for the intake procedure, scheduling, care plan, daily log, discharge plan and aftercare for each resident.
- Maintain open communications with other staff through the use of communication logs and attendance at staff meetings/Connections meetings to provide an effective, consistent, and professional level of care to the youth and families served.
- Assist the Care Coordinators in program planning, program implementation, and giving program feedback.
- Provide youth with comprehensive and integrated information re: agency and community resources. Assist youth in making positive community connections.
- Be aware of local, state and national laws, and juvenile codes that affect youth and families.
- Be knowledgeable of resources for and rights/responsibilities of homeless youth.
- Practice appropriate interventions and logical/natural consequences with each youth; Using Trauma Informed Care implement a positive plan for behavior within the facility.
- Network with and partner with panhandle school systems to provide a seamless continuum of educational care for runaway, homeless, and street youth.
- Network and partner with panhandle-wide counseling services to provide crisis prevention, intervention, and post-vention to panhandle youth.
- As assigned, be responsible for the accurate accounting of household expenditures, agency and program data tracking, and daily documentation reports.
- Review daily log and client’s files at the beginning of each shift and maintain accurate records during assigned shift.
- Ensure that residents observe bedtime and/or curfews. (Staff are not allowed to sleep).
- Assist in maintaining healthy, safe and productive residential environments:
a) Provide direct and effective supervision of all youth in the residential program facilities.
b) Plan and prepare all meals according to USDA Standards and/or teach youth as part of their
independent living skills training..
c) Attend to facility cleaning and laundry and/or teach youth as part of their independent living skills
- Work assigned shift as scheduled, arriving before shift start and staying for the full shift; notify supervisor in advance of any requests or adjustments.
- Provide transportation as required by program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- On-site work with youth 75%
- Off-site home visits, training, meetings, community interactions 25%
- Requires a high energy level and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Occasional out-of-town travel for training.
- Will work evenings and weekend meetings and training.
- Must be able to move about quickly if necessary
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Physically able to perform job
- Must complete health physical upon entry to program and yearly health screenings.
Grade: 7 (Step 2)
- High school education or equivalent.
- Must have attained age 21.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insured vehicle and good driving record.
- Must pass criminal history background check, child abuse/adult abuse and sexual abuse register background checks.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of age appropriate child/youth development.
- Able to attend meetings and training sessions in or out of the area
- Must have flexible schedule and be able to work primarily evenings, weekends and on-call when needed.
- Must meet minimum requirements above;
- AA degree in human service related field and one year experience; or a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position, such as working with runaway and homeless youth, foster care, community outreach worker, family support worker, etc.; or a BA degree in human services field.
- Must meet minimum requirements above;
- AA degree in human services related field plus three years’ experience, or BA degree in human services and two years’ experience, or specialized training.
1. Must meet minimum requirements above;
2. AA degree in human services related field plus five years’ experience, or BA degree in human services
and four years’ experience, or specialized training.
Benefits: Defined Benefit Contribution/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance, Cafeteria Flex Plans, 401k retirement plan with guaranteed company match, PTO (Paid Time Off).