Grounds and Facilities Coordinator
Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
1 Full time Position in Gering, Nebraska
Starting wage $14.55-$17.01 Hour
Position open until filled
Notice: A complete job application is required for all applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Human Resource Department
3350 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Areas of Responsibilities: Responsible for physical plant and grounds management of buildings and grounds maintenance at CAPWN sites and supervision of staff. Manages all construction projects ensuring that specifications, quality and safety requirements are met.
- Apply general knowledge of building maintenance, including plumbing, electrical, heating, and general construction to maintain upkeep of CAPWN buildings and grounds.
- Maintain a list of qualified contractors including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, and masons in each county with their licenses/credentials.
- Plan and oversee all maintenance and repair work.
- Perform (annual/quarterly/monthly) maintenance jobs, such as changing furnace filters, fire extinguisher checks (as assigned), fire exit lights,
- Perform minor repairs as needed, such as but not limited to: fence repair, limited painting, staining, desk repair, maintenance and repair of plumbing fixtures, changing locks, and changing light bulbs
- Maintain sprinkler systems
- Assist Program Directors in planning any repairs and improvements to their work areas.
- Ensure that all Fire Marshall requirements are met for the safety of clients and employees.
- Supervise building Maintenance Technician in his or her duties.
- Arrange for the services of outside contractors as needed; conduct competitive bid requests for outside contractors and draft construction contracts for outside contractors.
- Coordinate property insurance repairs to include assigning tasks to maintenance staff and soliciting bids from outside contractors. Work closely with CFO on budget for repairs.
- Attend and/or conduct in-service meetings, staff meetings, and trainings as required.
- Participate in the selection and hiring of maintenance staff.
- Prepare and maintain list of regular (annual/quarterly/monthly) maintenance jobs, such as changing furnace filters, fire extinguisher checks, fire exit lights, and sprinkler systems for each CAPWN building. Assign actual job to be perform to Building Maintenance Technician.
- Accompany Fire Marshall on visits, report to responsible program directors, and assist with requirements requested by the Fire Marshall
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work in a setting with many interruptions and interactions.
- On-call for maintenance emergencies during evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently
- Periods of office work required
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crawl, climb, bend, reach, squat and balance
- Physically able to perform duties
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- High school diploma/GED.
- 21 years or older.
- Minimum of three years experience in general construction or maintenance management.
- Basic computer skills
- Have valid driver’s license with good driving record and insured vehicle at all times
- Meets minimum qualifications above;
- Maintains additional certifications or trainings applicable to this field
1. Meets minimum qualifications above;
2. Minimum of five year’s experience in general construction or maintenance management.
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Cafeteria Flex Plans, 401k retirement plan with guaranteed company match, PTO (Paid Time Off).