Behavioral Health Provider (LIMHP/LMHP/PLMHP)
Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
$49,753-$58,198 Year DOE
1 Full time position to Work in Gering, Nebraska
Position open until filled
40 hours per week Monday-Friday
8:00 am-5:00 pm
Notice: A complete job application is required for all applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Human Resource Department
3350 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Job Title: Behavioral Health Provider (LIMHP/LMHP/PLMHP)
Reports to: Behavioral Health Director
Areas of Responsibility: Identify, triage, and manage patients with medical and behavioral health problems within the primary care setting; provide skills training through psycho-education and patient education strategies.
- Work with primary care teams to treat and manage patients with emotional and health problems efficiently and effectively.
- Provides direct clinical services to mental health clients, including intake, programmatic
education, individual therapy, marital therapy, family therapy, group therapy, and emergency services.
- Meets with clients on an emergency basis to evaluate dangerousness to self and others and make recommendations for further care.
- Completes intake assessment, collecting information and history on client to formulate
provisional diagnosis, provide interpretive summary and complete documentation.
- Teach patients, families, and staff techniques to enhance their care, prevention, and treatment.
- Provide substance abuse screening, education, and brief interventions.
- Refer patients to mental health specialists or substance abuse specialists as appropriate;
- Participate in Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance efforts.
- Maintain current Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation certification (CPR).
- Participate in Clinical Behavioral Health on-call coverage schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Office 70%, 30% training, meetings, and community interaction.
- Work is frequently stressful and requires ability to meet tight timelines.
- Work in a highly volatile program in a state of change with many interruptions and interactions.
- The noise level in the work environment is average.
- Some evening and week-end hours.
- Frequent out of town travel.
- Ability to bend, stoop, swat, crouch, push and pull file drawers.
- Fine manipulation of hands for repetitive action.
- Operate office machines.
- Must regularly talk, hear and have close vision ability.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Clinical Counseling, Psychology or related field.
- Current Nebraska license as a Provisional/Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Provisional/ Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (P/LMHP), Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT); or Psychologist.
- Speaking and hearing sufficient to communicate effectively by phone or in person, at normal volumes.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Meet qualifications above, and
- Three years’ work experience after licensing with substance abuse, pain management and or primary care setting;
- Meet qualifications above, And
- Ph.D. in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field
Pertinent Information: A pre-employment drug test is required.
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Cafeteria Flex Plans, 401k retirement plan with guaranteed company match, PTO (Paid Time Off).
Location of Position: Gering, NE