Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
1 position available in Gering, Nebraska
Full Time Position Monday- Friday
Position open until filled
Notice: A complete job application is required for all applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Human Resource Department
3350 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Areas of Responsibility: Provide family practice medical care and related health promotion services to meet the needs of the patient population, in accordance with the healthcare plan, policies and procedures and protocols established by Community Action Health Center.
- Provide medical assessment, diagnosis, referral, treatment and follow up as clinically appropriate within Community Action Health Center.
- Ensure all documentation in electronic medical records/chart accurately reflects assessment done and prescribed treatment and referrals; records will record and justify medical and lab orders and plan of care in accordance with agency standards of care.
- Participate in provider staff activities to develop, execute and periodically review the clinical management policies, procedures and protocols to ensure effective and efficient delivery of care.
- Maintain an active involvement in all services rendered.
- Participate in clinic after-hours phone coverage with other agency physicians.
- Remain responsive to all urgent medical situations of the patients of the Community Health Center.
- Participate with other Community Action Health Center providers to round on Community Action Health Center pediatric patients;
- Participate with other Community Action Health Center providers to round on Community Action Health Center patients not covered under the hospitalists agreement.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with community physicians and specialists to ensure continuity of care for those patients referred for care.
- Participate in the agency’s Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Participant in peer reviews and constructively work toward improving patient outcomes using evidenced based guidelines.
- Be available for medical consultation, treatment, or referral as deemed necessary or appropriate for nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Assist the Medical Director and other physicians in revision and implementation of practice principles and clinical protocols.
- Complete documentation in the electronic medical record for all encounters on the day of service; comply with all billing procedures and policies and participate in the actions required to obtain reimbursement for all services rendered.
- Supervises, consults with midlevel providers.
- Provide preventative health services.
- Serves as a role model for effective teamwork among staff and actively work to maintain positive morale and attitude.
- Serve as a resource person for clinical staff regarding patient care issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Clinic environment 90% patient care, 10% training, meetings, and community interaction.
- Well-lit, temperature-controlled clinical setting, with standard medical and office equipment available.
- Work is frequently stressful and requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a medical environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is above average.
- Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting clients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate office and medical equipment.
- Must regularly talk, hear and have close vision ability to record and communicate appropriate documents and records.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds.
- MD or DO from an approval medical school with completion of internship or residency in family practice or related field.
- Valid medical license to practice in state of Nebraska.
- Current DEA license.
- A thorough knowledge of health promotion and disease prevention strategies.
- Ability to work as a team member to establish effective relationships with colleagues, patients, and staff is essential.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Cafeteria Flex Plans, 401k retirement plan with guaranteed company match, PTO (Paid Time Off).